Hung tree

davey_b

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Piece of pi@£? If you know whAt you are doing. I laugh at posts like this!

Not very constructive:thumbdown:

looks like a good push would get that out. failing that cut through the base and winch the butt back away from the tree its hung up in simples :001_smile:

you could go on for ever saying the what ifs.

I wonder if those of you think he will be fine doing this actually read the whole thread?

He has a car, not a winch, he is not experienced, an advanced method of felling is needed, sounds like he will be working on his own, has other work for a tree gang to do, hes not in a rush to get it done.

Seems obvious the advice given by such as Dave and Steve is sensible to me:confused1:

The guy has come here for advice, and good on him. Dont go giving the impression its easy to a novice, just because you think it is!

Edited by 18 stoner

dont take it to heart davey, everyone saying not to do it, but dealing with hung up trees is not something you can learn to do by reading on the internet.

sure, it could go fine, but the wood could split breaking youre nose, the tree could slide back taking youre legs out, roll trapping you ect, then theres the saw!

get in someone in the know, and ask them to talk you through what they're doing and why, you'll learn far more than attempting it yourself

be safe:thumbup:

Piece of pi@£? If you know whAt you are doing. I laugh at posts like this!

didnt mean to sound off but it would be better to get someone in to do it for you. i just find it funny that people come on here wanting to know how to do things that should be left to trained pros. you say you have been using a saw for 15 years, do you have nptc tickets?:001_smile:

didnt mean to sound off but it would be better to get someone in to do it for you. i just find it funny that people come on here wanting to know how to do things that should be left to trained pros. you say you have been using a saw for 15 years, do you have nptc tickets?:001_smile:

Why does he NEED a saw ticket. its not a legal requirement.

Chainsaws aren't some controlled substance.

You can get them at FOCUS, or in the ARGOS catelogue (other suppliers are available - terms and conditions apply) for goodness sake.

The chap wasn't sure, so he asked a question and got (some) common sense answers (and a few stupid ones (like mine)) - good on him - if you aren't sure, why not ask?

Why does he NEED a saw ticket. its not a legal requirement.

Chainsaws aren't some controlled substance.

You can get them at FOCUS, or in the ARGOS catelogue (other suppliers are available - terms and conditions apply) for goodness sake.

The chap wasn't sure, so he asked a question and got (some) common sense answers (and a few stupid ones (like mine)) - good on him - if you aren't sure, why not ask?

I only asked if he had tickets to see if he had any training in using a saw, i never said he needed it.

I only asked if he had tickets to see if he had any training in using a saw, i never said he needed it.

O Yeah, now I see the little smiley face on your post :001_smile:.

Fair play then, just my excuse to have a ranty moan :blushing:

more cider required, I think.