Tax Credits!

Mick Stockbridge

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When they did away with the married persons tax allowance, did they not bring ini tax credits to make a "fairer" system, so that unmarried couples, same sex couples and so on got their share? Tax credits should help those on low incomes to encourage them to keep a low paid job, and therefore topping up their income. what would be fairer if all were paid a realistic living wage for a weeks work, but companies know they can get away with min wage as the govt will top it up

I think the tuition fees should be upped as well, good on the government.

Why should I pay for someones education so they can earn more than me and not pay it back.

If they dont earn a good wage they dont pay it back, it's a win win situation for them, if you want a degree then you should have to pay for it.

The system being proposed cant be any fairer

jeez guys, is it the weather or something??:confused1:just have a rant and tell us what is bothering you, don't focus on something you will know nothing about and blame it for the reason you are in a bad mood.:sneaky2:

If it is that easy, chuck your job, breed and go to University to become a Doctor coz obviously you will get a fortune and never have to pay it back.:001_rolleyes:

jeez guys, is it the weather or something??:confused1:just have a rant and tell us what is bothering you, don't focus on something you will know nothing about and blame it for the reason you are in a bad mood.:sneaky2:

If it is that easy, chuck your job, breed and go to University to become a Doctor coz obviously you will get a fortune and never have to pay it back.:001_rolleyes:

Know nothing about.....of course I know about it or I wouldn't have started a thread about it.

Fair comment but who is going to pay the Governments bills when you're old and decrepid? Those children that you're paying to support. Kind of swings and roundabouts. You pay now and they pay for you in the future!:001_tt2:

I've paid tax for 30 years without claiming a penny from anyone. Why should I pay for everyone elses further education and those from foreign countrys :001_smile:

if you are lucky enough not to ever need benefit then don't be ignorant enough to dismiss it.

Not every child gets to play and watch TV after school, some young kids are carers for disabled parents and brothers and sisters. Some men look after ill and dying wifes, some woman have to bring up 4 kids because their partner has died. grandparents look after grandkids because their parents are junkies and they dont want them getting split up and put into the care system.

If you see it as a simple open and cut case then get off your chair and do something about it, dont just make un qualified comments and then sit back and think you have put the world straight.

I do think that the higher rate of tuition fees can only be a good thing.

There are far far too many people going to university for all the wrong reasons, including getting wasted, partying, sleeping around and killing three years. For a significant number, an education is simply incidental to the social scene. Consequently, universities have been offering increasingly obtuse and meaningless degrees in order to attract this new wave of alcohol fuelled numpties - Lady Gaga studies anyone?

Now, as a society we are in the comical position where graduates are cheaper to employ than cleaners.

In my opinion, there needs to be a far more stringent entry system for universities, do away with all the mickey mouse degrees and there needs to be a return to apprenticeships. Most people don't need to go to uni to fulfil their potential, or make a good living. Why should we subsidise 3 years of alcohol fuelled partying?

/rant.

:001_rolleyes::laugh1: