husky 395xp chain oil help

oqdos

Hello,

My 395 is not getting chain oil on the chain. I cleaned all that I could, including running petrol through oli chamber. There was lot of flaky hard dirt inside of the oil chamber and the small filter was not on the plastic pipe that is ment to suck oil out of the chamber.

The chain oil however shoots out of the whole right above the chain tensioning nut (the hole closest to the right on the attached photo, with the groove going down). It should be coming out of the hole that has groove going upwards.

I went to a local repair shop and they said to wait for 10 working days before they find out what is wrong.

I am tempted to get inside of it but a bit affraid as I have not got the manual.

Any ideas, please.

Many thanks

Oliver

:001_smile:

img_0612.jpg.d0bedb93882579c1e236fc5a88ddf84f.jpg

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is your chain seizing up? If not then its oiling fine. Is the oil being used when you have run out of fuel?

Newer saws dont spray oil everywhere like old ones did, and anti fling properties in oil nowadays are better too IMO. The chain may well appear dry.

Oiling is a chapter in its own.

Depending on wood, bar/chain, grade of oil and capasity of pump.

Proper lubrication will reduce friction, cool of chain/bar, lubricate rivets and bearings and help keep groove in bar and chain clean.

Dry wood needs more oil.

Oil pumps are just flow pumps, they don't build much preassure and depend on help to distribute oil.

This it gets from the bar and chain.

• 2 weeks later...
Favourite with these when the filter has been off is the hole where the pickup pipe meets the pump.Whip the clutch off and take the pump assembly out and check.

Thanks a lot for understanding the problem. :thumbup1:

I have never taken clutch out. Had a look at it and it shows the off direction. I guess I need to take off the caseing from where the cooling fan is (ie. the other side of the chainsaw) and hold/immobilise the fan to turn off the clutch? At the moment it is turning the engine when I turn the clutch.

Anything else, I am just worried not to brake anything.

Thanks again.

Oliver

check the nylon worm drive at the back of the sprocket, you will need to remove the clutch drum to get to it.

remove spark plug and insert a piston stop or suitable peice of climbing rope to stop the piston then remove clutch which will be an opposite thread.

Edited by 3dogs

• 2 weeks later...
check the nylon worm drive at the back of the sprocket, you will need to remove the clutch drum to get to it.

remove spark plug and insert a piston stop or suitable peice of climbing rope to stop the piston then remove clutch which will be an opposite thread.

Blowing didn't work.

3dogs- I tried twice putting a piece of rope through the spark plug hole to block the piston. On both occasions it got cut inside as I turned the clutch and I had to take the piston out to find the missing end of the rope.

What do you mean by piston stop? Can I just put a thick metal bar through the plug hole? On the clutch there are arrows pointing clockwise with OFF on it. I take it this is the direction I have to turn the clutch to turn it off?

Thanks again.

I has become an epic.

Oliver::001_huh:

Edited by oqdos