NHS Pah!

PeteB

I've had some health issues since the beginning of September and I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that private health care is the way forward as the NHS appear not to be able to run a party in a vodka shop!

At this point I should have a big rant about wasted government spending in the wrong departments, too many business or policy consultants, interpreters, computer systems that don't work, overpaid registrars and consultants, focus groups, inadequate communication systems, drug companies on the make etc but it would not fix anything. Suffice to say that this mornings episode of one phone call to get an xray appointment for the end of this week has resulted in a "process" delay of possibly 16 days!

So should I go private or do you believe that it is fundamentally wrong and that the NHS should not be used for any "Private Healthcare" work?

Ladies and Gentlemen! Your views please?

Funny you should post this today, I have received my health insurance renewal today. The NHS are brilliant for acute care for all other conditions you are at the mercy of your GP and the local NHS Trust. The best thing with private medical insurance is that it gains you access to the diagnostic tests in much quicker time frame than it is possible with most parts of the country within the NHS. Once you have the diagnosis you might found that your treatment will take place within the NHS.

I very good rugby playing friend who is under 30 had a shoulder operation via medical insurance that simple would not happen with the NHS because it was sport induce and he was to young. He would of had to go through years of pain and discomfort before the NHS would sent him for the scan ever mind the operation.

When, I had an accident a couple years ago, I had to wait 13 weeks for physiotherapy, I could not wait that long because I had to get back to work so, I went private. I did not have medical insurance at the time of the accident but, I do now!

be gratefull for the nhs, a few months ago i had to go to hospital here in sweden for blood poisoning. whilst waiting to be seen, they turned people away who couldnt prove they had health care cover, cold as ice

i had a bill of nearly £300 just to see the doctors-which the nhs will re-imburse

i think we should have the option of opting out of the portion of NI that goes towards healthcare, and instead being able to invest into our own medical insurance.

Dangerous ground with opting out.

But why is teeth care or eyecare not part of the NHS.

Why doe my taxes support groups that I do not.

Why do my taxes support sports that I do not.

Why do my taxes support certain "educational" or "vocational" course at university that I think pointless.

Why do my taxes support laws that are ungoverned or ungovernable.

Why do my taxes support MP's 2nd homes when they do not benefit me?

The list is endless............................................

i think we should have the option of opting out of the portion of NI that goes towards healthcare, and instead being able to invest into our own medical insurance.

If you want to see private healthcare in operation with no safety net, travel to the states. When I was over there, was advised to head for Canada if in need of treatment. The NHS isn't perfect by a long way, but I'm bleddy glad it's there. The Yanks spend nearly twice as much of their GDP on healthcare as we do, yet over 40million Americans have no health insurance at all - go figure.

Be careful what you wish for...:sneaky2: