Android vs Blackberry

Steve Bullman

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went for the Desire - mainly beacuase I didn't want an iPhone - I detest i-tunes.

My wife opted for the HTC Legend after she had a play with the Desire and simply loved it - until I upgraded her to android 2.1 on the Legend - that is another story however.

Would I go for an android phone again? - without a moments hesitation. I simply love it.

Mind you - so far I have had trouble using the Desire as a modem for my laptop!!

Also the Sync software - certainly v2 was pretty poor. Have just downloaded v3 and so far it seems much better.

Perhaps I am just being too much of a geek but it is nice being able to view the wife's calendar from google and mine alongside so we don't clash on dates of needing the car :D

I have an android phone and really rate android. I think it has caught up with the iphone and is leaving it behind as a platform.

I have developed a few educational apps for the iphone and apple don't make app development an easy task. Google on the other hand are working really hard to make it easy to develop android apps. This means there will a lot more android apps in the long term as opposed to iphone. Also lots and lots of different hardware manufacturers are producing phones that use android. This will push the pace of innovation as they are all competing with each other to produce the best phones. Also there are a load of tablets that will run android coming out in the next few months so that is another area that will develop?

Sent from my HTC Hero using Tapatalk

hmmm my htc on orange is now not letting me view the site at all, as its being blocked by orange until they can verify im over 18! wasters

Yes that is proving to be very annoying!!!!

Power the phone off them back on. Should sort it out.

Orange seem to do a good job of sending the latest high tech phones back to the dark ages!