Fish smoker's

cordwood

Just finished a job for a customer who has given me a fish smoker but with out the instructions, it's a Abu Garcia and i'm clueless on how to use the bugger,anyone know how it work's ?:blushing:

Evening mate, how ya doing sorry can't help with fish!

hi me again, just realised i have a book on smoking meats, and it has about 2pages covering the abu smoker, the book is called "home smoking and curing" by kieth erlandson, it also shows you how to make smokers such as used refrigerators, dustbins brick etc and gives lots of tips/ recipies for smoking. its a very good book if anyones looking at getting into smoking meats

charlie

That type of smoker is a hot smoker. it should have come with two litle pans which you fill with meths you then light them and place them in the stand.The smoker goes on top and the sawdust goes in a pile above the two pans.The fish or meat goes on the rack above the sawdust. Place the lid on and open the vents. By the time the meths goes out the fish or meat should be cooked.

Do not use pine chips or dust, hardwoods are ok but they should be dry.

if you want to get technical you should cure the meat with a brineor dry cure.

Hope this helps?

That type of smoker is a hot smoker. it should have come with two litle pans which you fill with meths you then light them and place them in the stand.The smoker goes on top and the sawdust goes in a pile above the two pans.The fish or meat goes on the rack above the sawdust. Place the lid on and open the vents. By the time the meths goes out the fish or meat should be cooked.

Do not use pine chips or dust, hardwoods are ok but they should be dry.

if you want to get technical you should cure the meat with a brineor dry cure.

Hope this helps?

Ditto above use a brine makes a massive difference to the flavor once brinded, if thats a word, hang them for 24 hours to dry and then smoke.

The way i hang them is fillets on a bulldog clip in the cellar/garage (it stinks so sweet talk the other half of use your dads cellar)

I now use the gas BBQ for the heat source as the meths gos out and F**** up the hole process.

Good luck.

hi me again, just realised i have a book on smoking meats, and it has about 2pages covering the abu smoker, the book is called "home smoking and curing" by kieth erlandson, it also shows you how to make smokers such as used refrigerators, dustbins brick etc and gives lots of tips/ recipies for smoking. its a very good book if anyones looking at getting into smoking meats

charlie

I have this book Charlie it is excellent, I would reccomend it to anyone who wants to try Smoking.:thumbup1: