discount for bulk/regular orders??

robbo 110

looking for some of your thoughts again!! i took an order today from a small local hotel, they will require approx 1 cubic metre a week, very local to my yard so easy on fuel/time delivering, i feel i should offer them a SMALL discount if they do continue to order my wood, do any of you guys an girls do the same?? :confused1:

sounds like a potential "bird in the hand" to me.I would offer them a 10% discount for 2 cube+ deliveries,you'll save that in fuel and time like you say robbo.give them a good product and you may keep the order for years :thumbup: You may not get a discount on their beer and food,you may even get some free,i've delivered to pubs,restaurants,hotels for years and i'd say i've eaten free in 20% of them over the years through longstanding goodwill :001_smile:

sounds like a potential "bird in the hand" to me.I would offer them a 10% discount for 2 cube+ deliveries,you'll save that in fuel and time like you say robbo.give them a good product and you may keep the order for years :thumbup: You may not get a discount on their beer and food,you may even get some free,i've delivered to pubs,restaurants,hotels for years and i'd say i've eaten free in 20% of them over the years through longstanding goodwill :001_smile:

Spot on fella:thumbup::thumbup:

This is how i would present the deal; say your firewood is £100 per cube, offer a 10% discount if they take 4 cube at a time instead of 1 cube.

If you sold 4 cube to 4 seperate customers, if you were quick it would take half hour each cube labour on delivery. Say your labour and transport costs are £20 per hour, thats a total of £40.

To deliver all 4 cube to your pub at once with discount would be £360. It would still only cost you £10 to deliver, so in real terms thats the only discount it has cost you. £10 for a £360 sale.

I would rather have that arrangement, i.e, the customer is happy with the discount, you get more time at home and you've less hassle with multiple customers.

This type of thinking is what sorts the boys from the men. Go for it fella!

Edited by 18 stoner

ditto to the above

i give discounts (or more like freeze yearly increases) for my very good regulars - the ones with more than one fire and burn much more than anybody else - these customers never ask for the discount - i offer it them (they then think that they are "special" and it makes them feel good and it guarantees that all important repeat business

a pub certainly comes into that category - and not only will you get quicker repeat business - a pub is a very good place to go - ask for a trade - as everybody knows everybody :thumbup1:

a recommendation from the landlord of the local has got to be one of the best adverts that you could put out

you don't need to get anything back in return ( like a discount on beer) the prospect of good word of mouth promotion should be enough of an incentive imho