threading the needle

dadio

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Assuming you're not winding us all up: The work was breaking with convention in other words carried out in an unorthodox manner. He should have used a bigger MEWP and pieced it down carefully in small bits: size depending on the SWL in the basket, to the finished height. It would'nt have made such a good film but that's tough. Typically you would have been cutting pieces that were liftable by the operator.

Camera work was great and he talked us through it nicely but if anyone new in the game is going to fell trees 3 or 4 metres up they better get plenty of insurance. Escape route? Where was it?

have you just left college? a tutor who went from reading the books to preaching the books? hse bod?

so he broke with convention by felling the tree in a one'er, thats never been done before!

un orthadox, yeah because in the real world we all climb like on our training assesments, what assesments do they have in the usa? perhaps that is orthadox?

why cut pieces hand liftable when he had a machine on site to lift?

escape route? he had pre tensioned 2 pull lines, watched for mov ement, moved away, then called for the final pull

Err, non of the above, It's not going to get you anywhere trading small low grade insults, you would be better served keeping with a more rational agument.

:sneaky2:

At least the bloke on the blower new what he was doing.

Chill, don't be so sensitive, I thought we were all rough tough and gruff on here not snowflakes ready to melt at the slightest thing.

:001_rolleyes:

you would be better served keeping with a more rational agument.

such as . . .

so he broke with convention by felling the tree in a one'er, thats never been done before!

un orthadox, yeah because in the real world we all climb like on our training assesments, what assesments do they have in the usa? perhaps that is orthadox?

why cut pieces hand liftable when he had a machine on site to lift?

escape route? he had pre tensioned 2 pull lines, watched for mov ement, moved away, then called for the final pull

i dont frequent other forums, so dadio has a clean slate with me on here, what in this video was dangerous? everything seemed calculated, everything went well. back cut is intresting, but just a diffrent technique from a diffrent country.

keep the videos coming dadio, its intresting to me seeing diffrent techniques

ditto :thumbup:

If any of the methods posted were seen to be truly endangering anybody which to me seems frankly ridiculous (i was watching the formula one on the weekend and some of the gymnastics at the commonwealth games....etc etc etc) then i'd hope that the site moderators would moderate appropriately, as it is we can just discuss a different technique and decide if we would use it or not, maybe put it into practice on small trees where if something went wrong nothing would come of it, and if it worked well then use accordingly, all the time making informed, tested decisions.....progress? dare i say.

I find dadios explanations to be informative and relatively well explained, if he believes "this is the way to do it" then fair enough, that's his prerogative.

Any sort of new or different techniques should surely be accompanied by an explanation (if it's going to help anyone) and when someone is explaining something it is very difficult to not sound like your teaching, is it not? (and there is a warning at the start of the video!)

Rob, isn't it ever! :001_smile:

Edited by treemeup

sorry, my point was that watching a video cannot be dangerous, its a video. Things like subliminal messages are dangerous, videos of people convincing others to be suicide bombers due to their faith are dangerous. dadio doesn't, from my perspective try to get everyone watching to use his techniques

I pretty sure i've watched all the vids he's posted here.

Edited by treemeup