the body language of Decay, The Delights of D

Keep things coming hama, don't be put off. This is one the most interesting threads I've followed and you obviously have a lot to share. I for one have learnt a lot already, and a lot of people could learn a lot more!

If you feel the need for better explanations and examples I understand the need to make the subject matter as perfect as possible, it is a subject which is clearly close to your heart and means a lot. If you restart another, I'll be there, I'm sure many more will be also. Thanks for things so far.

believe it or not, there is not much talk about it, i also go to treebuzz.com and every now and then they will post something to id on fungi. i personally am trying to learn all i can about it, i never realized the role it plays in the decay of trees. now i must say we do not have nearly what i have seen on this thread i have a book by Christopher J. Luley called wood decay fungi and it is a small book. of course it is only for the Northeast and Central usa. so i really love this, i am learning alot of new ones. and the photos are superb.

believe it or not, there is not much talk about it, i also go to treebuzz.com and every now and then they will post something to id on fungi. i personally am trying to learn all i can about it, i never realized the role it plays in the decay of trees. now i must say we do not have nearly what i have seen on this thread i have a book by Christopher J. Luley called wood decay fungi and it is a small book. of course it is only for the Northeast and Central usa. so i really love this, i am learning alot of new ones. and the photos are superb.

Oh I believe it!

try and get your hands on the manual of wood decay by mattheck, thats a good starter, relevent to USA too, as you have many fungi that basicaly have similar strategies, and you have many of the same fungi there, like laetiporus for example, i believe you have one form of it that is deeper orange than ours.:001_cool:

we have Laetiporus sulphureus, it is not a real deep orange, i will look for the book you suggest. your website is the bomb. i like the arbor-ecology mentality, i believe this is where arboriculture is headed. i also am into this aspect of it.

the best of arbor ecology is found here

Arborecology Ltd :001_cool:

Just want to stick my oar in to say...I would hunt down "Fungal Strategies of Wood Decay in Trees" by Schwarze, Engels & Mattheck (isbn3-540-67205-2) before getting the "Manual of Decay"....It is a better book, more breadth of information and detail.....the thing is, you can take it or leave it (in the sense that it can be easily used as a reference for specific fungi/host relationships without getting bogged down in the more scientificdetail), use it as a reference and or dip into the early chapters for crucial info about wood anatomy and fungal strategies in the round...

Im sure Hama wont mind me saying this...Top book.:thumbup1:

tim

Just want to stick my oar in to say...I would hunt down "Fungal Strategies of Wood Decay in Trees" by Schwarze, Engels & Mattheck (isbn3-540-67205-2) before getting the "Manual of Decay"....It is a better book, more breadth of information and detail.....the thing is, you can take it or leave it (in the sense that it can be easily used as a reference for specific fungi/host relationships without getting bogged down in the more scientificdetail), use it as a reference and or dip into the early chapters for crucial info about wood anatomy and fungal strategies in the round...

Im sure Hama wont mind me saying this...Top book.:thumbup1:

tim

Whilst bundle is correct and this volume is a VERY worthy work, it is for the unitiated a little heavy going, and considerably more expensive, the manual is more than sufficient to give you a platform of knowledge and give you the confidence to tackle the deeper side, but entirley up to you of course.:thumbup: