stupid question?!?

new_fella

hi im doing my CS30 on mon 18th Oct, and I know ill be provided with trousers and helmet. Im taking my own boots and gloves but the thing i want to know is what else is appropriate to wear on the day? I realise this may seem like a stupid thing to ask but I dont want to be under prepared for the day! Ive contacted Writtle College (where im doing the course) but wasnt really given much more info other than that they will provide chainsaw, trousers and gloves

once again sorry if this is a proper stupid question but its been asked now so ill live with obligatory the sarcastic remarks that come my way :D

Cheers

Chris

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Take a whistle!,sarnies,& a cold drink.also pen & notepad,& a thin waterproof top mate.If I have missed anything someone else will be along tonight to add to it.

Iff you plan a future in the game,try and get some more lightweight trousers with all round protection,you will sweat buckets in those you are looking at.There are some good threads on here on this subject,good trousers will cost more,but you won't regret it when you work in them,

Thry phoning FR Jones on 02088529668,loads of us use him & the service & advise is second to none.

Edited by geoff
add on

If your going to be just poping the trousers provided on over yours then wear light wight type trousers and a top you dont mind getting saw dust and chain oil on.

As for the huskys at nine layers they will be very heavy I had some nine layer stihls and they where far to hot in winter and a nightmare in summer, also they dont look like they have any stretch in them so would be hard to climb in - aaahh memories makes me remember how good the hi-flex really are.

If you are just doing the chainsaw maintenance yuo wont need it,if you are doing the cross cutting & felling,Take a whistle,oh,& first aid kit with a bloodstopper bandage,must have.

The whistle is for atracting attention in case of injury/safety issues when cutting in the woods or up a tree.

ok cheers for the advice. What trousers would you recommend? I dont want to spend a fortune as I havent started yet and dont know if ill like the job (im sure I will though), any suggestions would be appreciated!! Looked into the stretch airs but they are expensive!!!

Talking of clothing,take a tee shirt that goes bellow the waist,If the chainsaw trousers have braces on them you want one shirt under the braces to stop them chafing you,& the long one over the top & not tucked in,that way you wont end up with knickers like pinokio with woodworm!:laugh1::001_smile: