stupid question?!?

new_fella

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont want to sound rude but if you dont know how to dress for the weather of the day then your not going to get very far in this line of work.

If its cold, wear warm stuff. If its wet wear waterproof stuff. You dont need to buy trousers if they are providing them but maybe some lightweight trousers could be worm under the chainsaw ones, plus enough top layers to keep warm, t shirts and sweatshirts are ideal, but not your best going out stuff!

and I know ill be provided with trousers and helmet.

I'll be doing my 30/31 training pretty soon too :cool::biggrin: I was just wondering (as I haven't found out yet) do all training centres provide you with the same stuff..I mean trousers + helmet?

I was thinking of getting myself a pair of chainsaw wellies as they are cheaper than propa boots but not sure if this is gonna work..:confused1:

They are crap, give you no ankle support at all plus do you really want to spend the whole day in wellies?

I do if it's bloody raining! Since I've got no employment lights shining on me just yet I might as well stick with a pair of wellies for a time being as long as they would be accepted for training purposes..:mellow:

I do if it's bloody raining! Since I've got no employment lights shining on me just yet I might as well stick with a pair of wellies for a time being as long as they would be accepted for training purposes..:mellow:

You will be throwing money away because when you get a job you will want proper boots the first time you turn your ankle. I know that they. ie leather boots, are more expensive but they will serve you much better. As for raining, many boots have a goretex or similar lining. If not, a few coats of nikwax will keep your feet dry and help make your boots last longer. Buying wellies just to get through the training is a false economy, I promise you. :001_smile:

It does depend on the woods though Felix. A lot of the woods I get to work in were planted on areas too wet for farming, and frequently sit with a couple of inches of water in the winter!! I have a pair of wellies esp for these jobs, as the mud soon creeps over the top of the leather boots, misery. But for just about all other work I have "proper" Goretex lined boots, its gotta be bad before the wellies come out.

Odd Bird, get some of the cheaper leather chainsaw boots, without Goretex if you cant afford them, then buy some Sealskin socks to wear on really wet days, c0ld wet feet are utter misery.