Delivery charges

davetaz

just wondering what people charge for delivering logs?

I deliver free of charge up to 5 miles (min 1 cube)

free of charge up to 10 miles (min 2 cube)

had a call today from some one looking for logs (2 cube) but they are 28 miles away,

how much should I charge for the extra travelling?

I add charges to the ex-works price of £10/m3 bagged for local deliveries up to 3 miles which I run myself. £20/m3 bagged for county wide deliveries that I outsorce to a local courier and £40/m3 bagged for National delivery that I outsource, you guessed it, to a National pallet distribution company.

I figure outside of 3 miles it take me too long to be worth delivering it myself.

just wondering what people charge for delivering logs?

I deliver free of charge up to 5 miles (min 1 cube)

free of charge up to 10 miles (min 2 cube)

had a call today from some one looking for logs (2 cube) but they are 28 miles away,

how much should I charge for the extra travelling?

£1 per mile roughly, fuel aint free no more, max of £25 for that delivery, depends on wether you want the sale and the time lost in the delivery

I figure outside of 3 miles it take me too long to be worth delivering it myself.

all i can say to that is WOW!!!!!!!!:confused1:

do you sleep in greased up sheets to help you get out of bed in the morning too?????

Think I'll suggest £1 per mile above the 10 mile radius (£18), providing they order min of two cube.

Still find it odd that people will buy logs so far away when there are so many people selling them. I'm sure if they looked harder they could find some logs a lot closer to home but may be they aren't very good at using google.

Be interesting to see if the new suppliers directory has an impact on where people source logs from - don't comprehend how some body would pay to have them delivered by courier from several counties away - goes against the grain for me!

Customers over 30 miles will be passed on to another supplier - hopefully put the directory in to use for that!

Thanks for the info guys

Its going to take at least an hour so your hourly rate say £25-£30 at least 2 galls of fuel so £10. You should charge £45 to cover wear and tear so £25 would be a bargain. Bet you charge an extra tenner and regret it like I do ( once got caught in a jam for 3 hours ) :lol:

Think I'll suggest £1 per mile above the 10 mile radius (£18), providing they order min of two cube.

Still find it odd that people will buy logs so far away when there are so many people selling them. I'm sure if they looked harder they could find some logs a lot closer to home but may be they aren't very good at using google.

Be interesting to see if the new suppliers directory has an impact on where people source logs from - don't comprehend how some body would pay to have them delivered by courier from several counties away - goes against the grain for me!

Customers over 30 miles will be passed on to another supplier - hopefully put the directory in to use for that!

Thanks for the info guys

Some people and organisations will buy logs on line so they can use a credit card even if 2 cu costs £260.00

Some people and organisations will buy logs on line so they can use a credit card even if 2 cu costs £260.00

does anyone here take card payments for logs?

if so roughly what % of your sales are card sales? are these card sales mainly from your own website or via web advertising i.e. gumtree, ebay, google ads etc.

if so roughly what % of your sales are card sales? are these card sales mainly from your own website or via web advertising i.e. gumtree, ebay, google ads etc.

I have a website for my landscaping and i set up an online shop selling my wood, I have had it going 10 months and sold 1 load on the net That could be cos its not really advertised. I take paypal payments for the wood.

I do Paypal card services on my website. It's a good means for new customers to use as they gain credit card protection should your site be a scam frontage. Second time they order I push them onto a BACS payment to save the high commission Paypal charge and all have been fine to do that.