Back Pack bush cutters

Charlieh

I have been thinking about one of these:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ9vPvaATE0&feature=related]YouTube - Kedjeröjsågen - nya möjligheter för din röjning[/ame]

HUSQVARNA 535FBx - Forestry clearing saws

I have alot of spacing to do later this year, and this seems like the ideal tool. I am waiting to see if you can put a strimer head onto it, seems like it would be ideal for banks etc.

Only downside is the cost!

I have alot of spacing to do later this year, and this seems like the ideal tool. I am waiting to see if you can put a strimer head onto it, seems like it would be ideal for banks etc.

Only downside is the cost!

That looks a good tool you wouldn't want to work too close to anyone else thou.

what you need to remember is the pole saw head is from a machine that has abour 30cc, my back pack has close to 60cc i am sure, so when i use it on it i never use full revs, it is great for doing jaggy stuff, a great way for newbies to get their hands on a chanisaw so to speak and be totally safe.

I paid easy £450 for mine 11 or so years ago and it still runs like new, doesnt get used much but when i need it its there:001_smile:

Hi All,

I have been looking to get a smaller strimmer to use for jobs where i dont need the power of my stihl FS420, as this drinks a tank of fuel about every 15mins :sneaky2: (although the awesome power is worth it, its costly to run) I do quite a bit of work on sites such as river banks and as such stability is always an issue and when just controlling stuff like himalayan balsam then i dont always need a huge amount of power, and lighter and more mobile machine would be great

so does anyone have any feedback on these type of machines plus and minus points i just like the idea of having my balance made easier by not hanging a powerhead off one side of my body, also will it involve less swinging of my body to move the cutting head :confused1: as i wont have to twist my whole body.

what are the vibs like compared to a bigger machine,

and finally what are the like for wearing for longer periods of time, as tbh im glad when the big FS runs out and needs a top up as it wears me out quickly and im not the smallest of people

Cheers for any help, :thumbup:

and sorry for sticking this in the chainsaw section,

the stihl fr130t is a good machien mate... its got the stihl 4 mix engine

my back pack has close to 60cc

Sorry mate, got to pull you up on that! Stihls biggest clearing saw is 56.5cc- the FS 550. I have two and I sure as hell woudn't want that sort of power on the end of a glorified hosepipe! :lol:

I'm sure your backpack will be about 35cc, maybe less. All the pro engines for polesaws, reach hedgecutters, brushcutters (not clearing saws) are 30-35cc.

Stihl now do a 48cc backpack unit, but it can only take a mowing head as it's the same shaft diameter as the FS400 series apparently.