The fungal forays thread!

Tony Croft aka hamadryad

So it has begun, the first meeting of the "fungi hunters" and this thread will be for all the forays from the first to the last. I cant call it hamas forays, because it was never realy my intention to take a mortgage on the concept, i merely wanted to get things started. Forays can be arranged at any location for any of you on here, so dont be shy, many of the others may find long distances hard to attend but I am personaly more than happy to meet groups or individuals for even a modest group of two to foray, at any location.:thumbup1:

We have made prelimary discussions on a second foray, with some suggestions made, however, I think it most appropriate for david to take the lead on the next foray at his beloved Hampstead heath and incorporating Kenwood house.

So with that said its over to you Monkey D the presures on, and i am very much looking forward to this one.:001_cool: a group shot would be most appropriate here!:001_smile:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could you base any provisional dates solely aroung me and NOT book a saturday or Sunday? :lol: I might have to deprive the good people of Fulham of their petunias with my new job, otherwise.

Whatever the date, I'll sign myself up to it now. I've been to HH many a time, but it will be great to be taken on a proper tour with The Gov'ner and all the extra bits of information you can impart. The company last time was quite good, for a bunch of alcohol supplying fag obsessed tree blokes, so I'm looking forward to more of the same.

I am planning MK II as davids calender is all sown up! lmao

Burnham beeches saturday 2nd october prime target species Hericiums coralloides/erinaceus and Inonotus cuticularis.

I am also planning to do ashridge park at the end of October

Edited by Tony Croft aka hamadryad

Not about for fungi fun this weekend, but I am over at the Beeches on Tuesday with the emminent Dr L, so will have a sniff about then.

One of the lads at work had a gander around Epping last weekend, and came across a really fine rack of H. coralloides.

So the good ones are out and about :biggrin: