Mitsubishi L200 Advice needed.

Czlowiek Drzewo

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had an L200 for a couple of years. Converted it to run on veg oil :)

I ended up trading it in because the bolt that held the crank pulley onto the crank was knackered. I had taken it out and replaced it but is sheered when replacing it and the new one didn't really take because of this. Was a bit of a nightmare so got shot of it. Having said that I did love having it but there are issues. They can overheat and cause problems and the new L200 has a bigger water jacket around the block because of that. The big one is the big end bearings going. I had that too... :( Thankfully it was still under warranty (just) so got done by Mitsi but they were so tight they didn't change the timing belt and I suspect when it was changed that might have been what caused the bolt to sheer.

Anyway, best advice I can give is go over to Welcome to the Mitsubishi L200 Owners Website and the guys there will help you out, they're a great bunch.

Good luck.

Dave

I wouldn`t cross them of your list, i have one and love it and wouldn`t swap it for any other single cab pick up. yes they all have their faults and you have only asked about the faults with l200`s. now start another thread and ask about the faults with navara`s landys and hi-lux`s and i guarantee the list will be just as long if not longer.

Be lucky to get 25 mpg out of one, wheel spin something awful in 2wd on the road, especially with a trailer on the back,

I have heard with the back empty they can jack-knife with a loaded trailer but I suspect any pickup can.

Haven't heard of bottom end probs mainly top end with heads etc.

Have a look on the 'pigeon Watch' forum for L200 on the 4x4 section loadsa comments.