Do they think the general public are thick...

christreeroot

I have just watched a chap on the news say the economy is only going to get worse. This guy is a leading figure in the finance/biz world... I didnt buy what he was saying at all and a quick search on the net revealed he buys companies in trouble..

So what he said was obviously to try to scare the public into not spending meaning he can make more money on struggling biz....

It was only last week we were on the turn and things where getting better.

Until we get a powerful Gvt in place and a news industry that isnt manipulated by big biz we will never be the Great Britain we used to be....

How can things be getting better? Construction industry is reigning back on new builds, tho there is a demand for new homes, fuel prices are rocketing, leading to a knock-on effect across the country. Wheat prices are through the roof!

China is swallowing up everything available to boost its productivity and economy. There is a world shortage of sunflower seeds, as this is being taken to produce "green" fuels.

At this rate we are going to end up a third world country.

The only reason we were a "Great" Britain in the past is that we built up a wealth by various means. We had a powerful navy that could control the seas, and before air superiority, this was essential. We literally took what we wanted, the spice routes, slaves and so on. We pirated Spanish gold on the high seas, in the times of Elizabeth 1. These days when a country has this approach, we are up in arms about it.

I have just watched a chap on the news say the economy is only going to get worse. This guy is a leading figure in the finance/biz world... I didnt buy what he was saying at all and a quick search on the net revealed he buys companies in trouble..

So what he said was obviously to try to scare the public into not spending meaning he can make more money on struggling biz....

It was only last week we were on the turn and things where getting better.

Until we get a powerful Gvt in place and a news industry that isnt manipulated by big biz we will never be the Great Britain we used to be....

i think you are quite possibly right, the guy obviously wants companies to struggle more if it means he profits from it, in the same way that estate agents and mortgage lenders have been scare mongering people into buying homes to beat the price rise.....all its done is forced the prices up further. but even so, i think hes right from all the signs i see we are in a recession, which just hasnt been officially announced yet

I think I must be thick mate...I'm losing money everyday I get out of bed

Only last month the goddam bank was breathing down my neck about investing in this and that...do I want to buy a house blah blah blah....scary.

Thats capitalism 4 U

This guy on the box, he's undermining the value of assets in the uk to make money at the expense of the rest of us...its called " shorting "

perpetuum motum :pcguru:

Do you mean `Great Britain' or great (sic) Britain?

Has there ever been a great Britain? IMO we have yet to achieve a `greatness'. I live in hope. Not sure I would put `powerful' at the top of my list of Governmental attributes to achieve it though. Intelligent, compassionate, representative, long sighted, fair minded or courageous amongst many others, might come first. Depends on your definition of `great' I guess.

Do you mean `Great Britain' or great (sic) Britain?

Has there ever been a great Britain? IMO we have yet to achieve a `greatness'. I live in hope. Not sure I would put `powerful' at the top of my list of Governmental attributes to achieve it though. Intelligent, compassionate, representative, long sighted, fair minded or courageous amongst many others, might come first. Depends on your definition of `great' I guess.

I'm forced to agree with you, even during the height of the British Empire, Great Britain wasn't so great for the working classes..