Stihl Dealers

Samuel

not sure if this has been a thread before, but here goes

my friend and me went to a local stihl today dealer which sells climbing gear, because my friend is getting his climbing gear together. went in and asked if they had any prussik cord, which they replied is yes we have that, a few minutes later the guy returned with a lanyard and throw line!!.

i was just wondering do you think any company that sells climbing gear should have at least cs38

NO NO NO NO NO!!!

did you even get a cert of conformity?

was the prussik loop labelled?

i can guess where youve been, and as far as stihl kit goes, yes they are a good place. but dont get climbing gear from them unless you are realy properly clued up on what you are getting.

maybe go to a climbing shop in south lincs, or maybe splash out on some exotic stuff at the apf?

NO NO NO NO NO!!!

did you even get a cert of conformity?

was the prussik loop labelled?

i can guess where youve been, and as far as stihl kit goes, yes they are a good place. but dont get climbing gear from them unless you are realy properly clued up on what you are getting.

maybe go to a climbing shop in south lincs, or maybe splash out on some exotic stuff at the apf?

they did not have any prussik cord, which stihl dealer shop did you think of?

I tend to agree that a dealer should have people trained in at least climbing to be able to sell gear with knowledge of what they are selling especially when there are serial numbers and conformitys involved.

I know this is easy to say when we are a Stihl dealer and have the training. Thanks to Rob i now have my 30,31,38,and 39. And doing my 41 this year. We like to think we can provide the a really comprehensive service from your Stihl gear to your climbing gear. Were in the north of england but still only a phone call away. :001_smile:

My local stihl dealer has a range of climbing products and no one there has any idea what they are, even though they have had some training apparrently.

But in answer to the question, NO, they should not have to have CS38!! Thats rediculous. CS38 is an industry standard of training for tree workers, not for sales!

Its up to you to buy what you want from them if they have it. Of course if they knew what was what then they might make more sales but thats up to them.

Well you would expect them to know what they were on about if they had climbing equipment on display, which they had

To be honest, I think people should have the knowledge to know what they want when it comes to climbing gear.

If I go to the shop for the ingredients to cook something, I would not expect the shop to know how each thing should be prepared or cooked, they are just supplying the stuff.

Maybe if you had called the thread "climbing gear supplier", it would make more sense.

If they had had no knowledge of the Stihl gear they are selling and covering warranty on, I could see your point.