Jensen Tow Hitch?

scotspine1

Take your Knott unit off and take it Tto Indespension, whilst your there, get some security blots that shear the nut of orf when at the right torque setting. Then the rum uns cannot unbolt your hitch complete with barrel lock.

If they do a good lockable cover why wasn't it supplied with the chipper?? This kind of thing?

17983436__1199401159__1__1-6b49acda023a6572c6f05bcd038dab93.__big__.jpg

dont they do a lockable tow hitch which will fit on the main shaft? I'm having trouble finding one that will fit as the diameter of the shaft is not a standard size according to Indispension.

I just had my bandit fitted with a lockable Indepension hitch. When I took it in the mechanic did not think it was a standard size but I persuaded him to let me fit one anyway, just to see (He was slightly on edge as it was 16:45 and I could tell he wanted to get off).

Just go in with some 19mm spanners and have a go at fitting it yourself in the carpark. Though I did need a 1/2 inch breaker bar to get to original hitch off.

What does puzzle me is how they justify selling a £15,000 (or whatever they are) machine and then scrimp an extra £30 on a lockable hitch.

Anybody know if the insurance is valid or void if the chipper was pinched off the truck with a non-lockable hitch on it?

Anybody know if the insurance is valid or void if the chipper was pinched off the truck with a non-lockable hitch on it?

Did it have a lockable hitch when it was knicked?

"Yes officer and two wheel clamps" :proud:

Just out of interest Jonny, which Bandit. I have the 65xl and want to change to a lockable hitch.

What does puzzle me is how they justify selling a £15,000 (or whatever they are) machine and then scrimp an extra £30 on a lockable hitch.

Its so that your chipper gets stolen off the back of the truck when your working on a tree in the back garden then you have to buy a new one from them.

Anyway...

Discovered a way to lock the Jensen tow hitch short term until I find a good lockable hitch. Buy one of those long shackle padlocks and fit it through the hole below where the red X is. That way you cant pull up the handle, the padlock shaft works as barrel lock.

padlock-long-shackle.gif

hitch.jpg.31042bb9b35d269df5da8b15259795db.jpg