My First full tree climb,

Nick Waring

never get over the fear..then you get complacent and make mistakes. fear is good , keeps you on your toes. i still get a rush every time i climb , keeps me thinking saftey , and switched on.

Well, thats what i meant. Previously, i couldnt go above a certain height, my body would just freeze, when i said i got over my fear, thats what i meant.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice one Nick! wish I was having so much success!

been out again just this morning. Keep getting so far up this huge Oak we have in the field, and then failing to advance my TIP well enough to get any higher. cant see for all the foliage. Really annoying because it's a beautiful Tree, absolutely huge, and Im only getting 1/3 of the way up it. Now my 38's been postponed for a couple of months ive got more climb time in the interim

wonder if anyone nearby would give me some tuition in down time.

There's always a way Jim, if you think you cant do it or cant find that other anchor, you wont. Try a different route up and go through in your head which route your going to choose from on the ground.

If that fails, get a Big Shot.:icon14:

Keep on climbing. I'd give you help with climbing but your a bit far for me really. Sorry

Well, thats what i meant. Previously, i couldnt go above a certain height, my body would just freeze, when i said i got over my fear, thats what i meant.

I always find it easier climbing in dense trees where you cant see out that easily. then you just keep on climbing and dont know how high you are or how much further to the top. also i find it help to not keep looking up and down only makes you think more about where you are. and also if you start getting a bit scared just do a bit of pruning if its part of the job always helps me to take my mind of the climbing and just relaxes you.

best quote i read on here 'concerntrate on what your doing not where your doing it'

Nice one Nick! wish I was having so much success!

been out again just this morning. Keep getting so far up this huge Oak we have in the field, and then failing to advance my TIP well enough to get any higher. cant see for all the foliage. Really annoying because it's a beautiful Tree, absolutely huge, and Im only getting 1/3 of the way up it. Now my 38's been postponed for a couple of months ive got more climb time in the interim

wonder if anyone nearby would give me some tuition in down time.

evening all my first post in a while just been flat out, can you not get another assesor to asses you with in two months time?

shame your up there and im down here as i know many good assesors that often have free spaces and i would love to climb with you if you ever come down sussex.

:proud:

alritey mate i in brighton, well just outside in saltdean.

hows the course going i know alot of new commers that did it through plumpton and said they enjoyed it. you doing the intense course of just various tickets?

Yeah, the 12 week intensive course.

Its been really good so far, climbing 60-70ft trees, spiking up a 50ft pole, all good.

Alot of the people on my course are from brighton aswell.