Cameraria ohridella

Interestingly, looking out of the window at Manchester Uni on Monday during the AA conferance, I was suprised to see two Horse Chestnuts completely unaffected by Cameraria.

Has to be said that these were enclosed by high story uni buildings, and possibly have their leaves removed in late fall.

There was however a small amount of Guignardia on the leaves.

There's still quite few in that part of the world unaffected. Unfortunately more and more are getting it.

• 1 month later...

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys,

I am literally just starting a dissertation on HCLM and bleeding canker, and the negative impact it is having on the trees, sadly I can't carry out my own research/surveys..... however after reading all the posts it appears that you are an educated bunch, so was wondering if you could point me in the direction to find relevant articles and journals!?

I have already trawled through endless copies of Arboricultural Journal, and have just started going through http://www.forestresearch.gov but if anyone else has any other information I would really really appreciate it.

Also if you have any information but do not know where you read/found it could you put your name and job title afterwards for my referencing purposes please.

Thanks again

Steve. :thumbup:

Hey guys,

I am literally just starting a dissertation on HCLM and bleeding canker, and the negative impact it is having on the trees, sadly I can't carry out my own research/surveys..... however after reading all the posts it appears that you are an educated bunch, so was wondering if you could point me in the direction to find relevant articles and journals!?

I have already trawled through endless copies of Arboricultural Journal, and have just started going through http://www.forestresearch.gov but if anyone else has any other information I would really really appreciate it.

Also if you have any information but do not know where you read/found it could you put your name and job title afterwards for my referencing purposes please.

Thanks again

Steve. :thumbup:

Olaf rebiro is considered the leading expert into phytopfera, a plant pathologist in the states. there is also a very good book avaliable, forgotten the name, but I believe i saw some usefull info on the JNCC database too:thumbup:

(spelling!:001_huh:)

Doug,

Yer thanks for the suggestion.... Literally just had a talk yesterday on finding information (typical!). Others that were suggested were sciencedirect, land life and leisure and the ones you suggested. Have found that sciencedirect seems to hold the most relevant ones.....

Ste. :biggrin:

• 8 months later...