Second generation, climbers and cutters.

skyhuck

Yes ten years,I enjoyed it very much but he moved away and sold every thing... at one point we did have intentions of setting up another team like you are planning but to be honest i could run the main gang and it always worked better me him and a groundy or two ,I would lead the main gang whilst he priced up or stump ground ....employing other climbers who never could work to what we felt are standard or speed never worked we felt it best just to keep it small ,we would be booked 6 months ahead and charge well but I think a run being broken in to and work stress he just sold up and went to northumberland, no more council contracts to strees him out and no thieving ****** cleaning you out in broad day light whilst your doughter and wife and kids are 30 ft away from the containers and yard.

working with him next week though in a church in the nation park in northumberland ,I would be tempted stilll to work with him full time if it all went tits up or i could perswade my misses to move to his farm and convert an out building.

Interesting stuff Matty!

Sorry things went bad.

Maybe me and my boy will work well together, but I'm not going to expect that to work and will give him the option to run his own gang, if we do work well together that will be a bonus :thumbup:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

we did and still do work very well.... are ideas would conflict at times and we did have different ways of doing things but combining strengths and weakneses on a whole there was never a really bad time I think if you both have a sense of family pride and want to be the best at what you do it cant go wrong.

I was given that option as well ,never took it or wanted it as at the time or untill i reached my late twentys never really wanted the responsabilty... in hindsight i should of grabbed the chance but was to busy chasing girls and partying....hindsight is a wonderfull thing but i am glad the way it turned out for me ,if i had had it all placed in my lap i dont think i would apreciate what i have now so much although its been hard achieving it ... but then i am probably a compleatly different personality to your son.... if thats what he would like go for it mate .

Have you taken your lad to work at all yet? I would find some easy jobs to do on a Saturday and take him out with you at least once a month, you'll soon find out whether you can work together.

I worked weekends from a young age in the family business, a retail nursery/garden centre, learnt far more from that than a formal education ever taught me!

It'll either be the best thing you've ever done or the worst!!!!!!

Just try and makes sure it's him making the decisions about what he wants to do and don't put to much pressure on to take over the company etc if it's not what he wants to do.

R

:ohmy:Steady on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sneaky2:

I'm only 40!!!

It'll be a good 30 years before I'll even start thinking of handing over my empire!!!!!!!!!!:001_rolleyes:

:ohmy:Steady on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sneaky2:

I'm only 40!!!

It'll be a good 30 years before I'll even start thinking of handing over my empire!!!!!!!!!!:001_rolleyes:

Fair does, just got a mate who's been working for her dads electrical firm and is not sure it's what she wants to do, it's causing a bit of friction as he's keen to see her take over more and more and she doesn't want to commit.

Bit of an age gap there though, he's not to far away from retirement. He's at least 41:lol:

I was never allowed to work with father for BBBW reasons but now my old man works for me, it's a good working relationship he gets to stay on the tools part time whilst having all the benefits of being retired and not to worry about running a business. Already thinking about getting my daughter climbing when she is old enough though.