Dear Husqvarna

Andy Collins

So what we are saying is that the dealer selling the saw should take responsibility for checking the saw over rather than the manufacture?

And that if there maintained regularly they should break down?

Rubbish, thats like saying land rovers are reliable as long as you fix them before they break!:laugh1:

Ive never liked Husky's because they arent as reliable as Stihl's that I think is a FACT!

Well IMO:001_tongue:

Does sound like Magnus is a top dealer to have a bout though.:thumbup1:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never had a problem on my Husqvarna saws in over 20 years, I did have a problem with a bolt into plastic on a brushcutter. Right where the handles bracket fixes to rubber mountings! the place you need it strong and not a course thread into plastic but there we go, modern times and all that.

Good maintenance and your bolts wont come out unless there is something wrong. My bolt into plastic was over tightened by a moron and now needs looking at :-(

magnus you sound like a good guy to have in a saw dealer wish you wher local to me!!! shame my local dealers would not think twice of charging me 2 thirds of the price on a new saw to heli coil the bolts that are mangled on my 372!!

Hi Matty,

I am a trained aircraft engineer by trade:scared1:. Dealing with vibration in fasteners is fairly stock in trade really:cursing:.

I would be willing to have a look at the vibration/Helicoil problem for you if you can get the saw to me.

I only mention this because you are (relatively speaking) close to me, as I am on the Herts/Bucks border.

Just an offer.

Lightmart

I'm on my second 357xp the first one lasted almost 6 years of hard abuse with out fault except the odd sprocket thingy until it died. I bought a new one which has been nothing but problems every nut rattles out, I've had to replace the exhaust bolts 4 times, new spark plug cap because the last one fell apart new bearings and clutch. and that's in one year, seems like the build quality has gone down.

Hi All,

There are a number of other options other than the chemical fastening that seems to be recommended earlier.

The chemical fasteners are very suceptible to heat and if both surfaces to be treated are not chemically clean, the bond will not take, thus the fastener loosens again.

As I mentioned above, the loosening of fasteners within the aircraft trade is an age old problem and a number of options exist:biggrin:.

Nyloc type nuts are another non starter really:thumbdown:, as mentioned above, because they are also suceptible to heat and so become weak and useless.

In the 21st century it is not really acceptable, from an engineering perspective, to have fasteners loosening on any equipment, otherwise what is the point in having them at all ?:dontknow:

If anyone would like me to produce a repair solution for them...no charge...let me know.

Lightmart

I'm on my second 357xp the first one lasted almost 6 years of hard abuse with out fault except the odd sprocket thingy until it died. I bought a new one which has been nothing but problems every nut rattles out, I've had to replace the exhaust bolts 4 times, new spark plug cap because the last one fell apart new bearings and clutch. and that's in one year, seems like the build quality has gone down.

I'm glad its not just me finding this, as I've said before, I take care of my kit religiously. I treat no saw differently whether Stihl or Husky, and have purchased from various different suppliers over the years, yet Husky come bottom when its down to the nuts and bolts retention. I'd just ask that they look into this issue and see if there is something that they can do, from the production line, to sort it out. Or is it unreasonable for me to ask this?:001_smile:

So what we are saying is that the dealer selling the saw should take responsibility for checking the saw over rather than the manufacture?

And that if there maintained regularly they should break down?

In short... YES!

They not only should for their own interest look it over, but they also are obligated to as dealers.

Not doing it is cutting corners and getting more jobs!

Maintenance is a big part of sawing costs. If done right cost is lower.

Sawing is what the user should do.

Worrying about the saws service is my job!

The daily Maintenance will save lots of bucks.

A bit understanding of the normal ware and how to keep it as low as possible extend life a lot on the normal wear parts. Dressing, turning bars, changing sprockets/rims too...

not had any problems with bolts vidrating lose , has anyone tried yousing high temp lock tight ? there are two types, either permenent or not permenent ??? . i have had many many husky saws and never had this problem of bolts comming out . maybe there are various assembly plants and you take pot luck weather you get a good or a bad one