Saw hire

RobRainford

Im after any say which will run a 30 or 36" bar to hire for a weekend. Im willing to travel to pick it up, and ill sharpen it and clean it before i return it.

I need it for logging up some rather mahoosive beech logs we have here.

IM also after a splitter, tractor mounted preferable, for sale or for hire. We had our one nicked. plus it was too small for this stuff we have.

A search of google turned up very little, local shops do a biggest of a battered old husky on a 20"

Ideal saw would be a 660 or 880 depending whats around.

Cheers

Rob- what have you to do that requires such a saw....if you have a 20" bar you can cut 40" logs remember....Its slower, but is doable, and you can fell a stem of that size too! I only say this as i imagine it will be fairly hard to rent a saw such as you are after. I think most places that used to (jewsons, euro tool etc) have got rid of their big saws due to liability issues etc.

i posted here for a bigger saw as there are just none available and i dont know if the one i hire from a firm im not sure of would have had it looked after.

Its partly because i may be looking for a large saw in the future so would like to have a try with one and use it for some work to see how it performs.

im also after a tractor mounted log splitter, hydraulic is preferable.

As you well know Rob big saws are big expense, If you have worked for a couple of people off here, Try them first, As they know you and know abit about how you work and are more likely to trust you with their kit!! :001_smile:

Yeah it is like letting someone borrow one of your kids. I am reluctant to let people use my saws. Even when I'm stood watching them. Depends who it is though. There's two guys I know I don't think twice about letting them at my saws or other bits of gear. Others I tend to make up a reason that it's broke or blunt or I need it.

Its a difficult question as i do lend my newer 395 out to mates who need a bigger saw for a job but wont lend out my 088 to anyone even tho its a older model. I waited for ages for a big saw nearly bought a 3120 but having the advantage of having used them both i personally prefer the 088 hands down. I would buy something like a 70-80cc and use it as a ground saw this reduces your need for a bigger saw sooner and you can wait till you get some wedge together or till a second hand one pops up.