Dean Lofthouse

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i would have dumped the brash in the river, as course woody debris, an important habitat for juvenile fish and many invertebrates are associated with water-logged decaying timber, I would have made tidy cuts however

on the otherhand i suspect british waterways wont be none to happy, so i would drop the local office an email with the location,

that Dean, needs a ranting being made of.

It's blinkin outrageous in my eyes.

Shoddy disrespect of the river bank & as you quite rightly point out the etiquette that should be involved in a game sport.

I'm not a fisher, but would bet that the powers that be, would be mightily embarrased by that.

Grrrrrrrrrrrr :thumbdown:

on the otherhand i suspect british waterways wont be none to happy, so i would drop the local office an email with the location,

I wouldn't do that, I'd just take a silky along the next time I went there and tidy it up myself then inform the club of their mistakes. No need to inform the authorities imo and you never know you might even get to clear the swims prior to a match and make some money.

Fair do's, but i do a fair bit of work with EA and BW and the view would be to come down harder on them if it wasnt reported or sorted, maybe contact the club and inform them of this, and give them chance to clear it or as Mick says try and get some work out of it, and point out that BW wont take a good view of this being carried out, In many areas BW actually still have their own tree gangs and they would probably come out and do this work at the clubs request.

Im with Mick on this one. Our over-readiness and overreliance on the powers that be and the use of legal bodies to sort out what is essentially a civil matter has led to the inception of the culture of blame, and the ease with which 11,500 laws can be passed into the stautes by the previous govt, a trend being healthily followed by this one too. This also ties in with such issues a the existence if VOSA etc in my book. We have become a nation of insular beings who are unwilling or unable to sort our own problems out without recourse to law, thus entrenching the police state towards which we are hurtling headlong.

Im with Mick on this one. Our over-readiness and overreliance on the powers that be and the use of legal bodies to sort out what is essentially a civil matter has led to the inception of the culture of blame, QUOTE]

nope sorry, disagree on this one tommer, The canal system is essentially a waterway version of roads, british waterways are essentially similar to the highways guys and essentially fulfill similar statutory roles, this is no difference from a statutory p.o.v to me walking up the road hacking a few branches off and piling them on the side of the road :thumbdown: i know the health and safety implications are bigger on a road but thats not the point here

Dont forget that some of us on here get a fair bit of our income from orgnisations such as these and carrying out maintenance works on river banks, and advisory works to the EA and BW, if that was on a bit of river i cover i would be wrapping some knuckles, but then again like i said some of us derive our income from this kind of work.

not trying to be argumentative but just putting that point out there :thumbup1:

Dont take me wrong Charlieh- I am not condoning what has been done AT ALL! I more have a problem with the way that peoples first port of call is the authorities not (in this case) the club, who probaby had no idea what they were doing was wrong. Second time round then STRAIGHT to the powers that be.

Just read your other post- thats more what i reckon- inform them before hitting them i suppose is what i mean.:001_cool::001_smile: