Tractor winch

Bob Rolfe

AT Osbornes would be closest i think. As for price depends on how many bells and whisles you get on it. If you can get upto the APF in September you'll be able to see many winches.

I wouldn't get a Fransguard would be only only bit of advice as our one has been nothing but problems as of late. Chews up cables like they are free.

If you want it for forestry work seriously think about getting a double drum one.

we have a 9 tonne one at work... cant remember the manufacturer, but a word of advice would be pay a little extra for an autospooling one as the handle on ours which makes the cable spreads evenly over the full width of the drum, is damn near impossible to move when under tension, otherwise its a great bit of kit.

AT Osbornes would be closest i think. As for price depends on how many bells and whisles you get on it. If you can get upto the APF in September you'll be able to see many winches.

I wouldn't get a Fransguard would be only only bit of advice as our one has been nothing but problems as of late. Chews up cables like they are free.

If you want it for forestry work seriously think about getting a double drum one.

is that one of the newer fransguard winchs? cus our 25ish old one works amazing!

as for the double drum winch idea, they are great but depends what tractor your thinking of running it on as there is a fair bit of weight out the back, especially the fransguard ones

I've just sent my super the info on the igland 55 and 65h it looks like the on that we are thinking of laying to rest. It's had some welding do to it but the piece that's been welded has been done wrong so it got to be all undone and rewelded so as was pointed out at the start of all this it may be better to invest in a new piece of kit seen as this one is a little old and tired. Also after all the welding it going to have to go to an engineer to have An inspection to determine the safety of the welds and so on....... So it's a case of get yer hands in yer pocket and buy the kit !

• 1 month later...

I'm after a 4.5 to 5 tonne winch looked at APF, Maxwald looked good a bit pricey narrowed it down to Farmi JL 501 or Tajfun EGV 45A looks as if the cable is extra on the Farmi I am leaning towards the Tajfun because it's all in price and it has greater cable capacity anyone with experiance of the Tajfun ?