2 fungi on beech, ID needed...

stampy

Many thanks for advice by the way I'm newish to this side of things used to other people doing it and me just turning up and doing the work.

Your very welcome Lorry, I'm relatively new to this tree investigation side as well.

Merely ten years in to a life long apprenticeship, a fair way to go for me yet :001_smile:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The meripilus is one thing, but the gano is a bigger problem, a propper ident would be wise, Austral/adspersum is a bit of a toad as far as fungi are concerned.

And regarding the merip theory, it is thought there may be two forms, but this is way out there at the mo!

Whatever happens some reduction is reqiured here of that there is no doubt.

Ive heard the " does not bruise" thing before aswell.....

I love it when things like this come out, its what keps me looking all the time at these posts.

never have i heard the bruising ident feature, maybe its only effective when they are freshly forming and soft and liquified? as on drying and being fully extended they might be less prone to it?

or maybe, and this is going to get checked out tommorow, the two forms can be differentiated with this? one bruising the other not.

interesting and I have two clumps of what i think are the two forms in WW right now, tommorow we shall see.

thanks guys:001_cool:

Lorry - I'm quite new to this side of it too. I think I'm going to sound out how much it'll be to get a consultant in to assess the extent of root damage with an air spade and maybe some kind of decay detection to check out what the gano's up to... Like I said, the customer loves this tree so hopefully he'll swallow the cost of a consultant. When the responsibility feels like it's getting too much, there's nothing like passing the buck :biggrin:

Lorry - I'm quite new to this side of it too. I think I'm going to sound out how much it'll be to get a consultant in to assess the extent of root damage with an air spade and maybe some kind of decay detection to check out what the gano's up to... Like I said, the customer loves this tree so hopefully he'll swallow the cost of a consultant. When the responsibility feels like it's getting too much, there's nothing like passing the buck :biggrin:

thats what consultants are there for, to take the difficult calls and make those choices. thats what they get paid for.:001_cool: