Schliesing 200MX How much £

Paul Smith

So your saying the chipper a 200mx 28hp schlie is better then a 45 hp 7.5 inch tw i think your wrong and the tw price is the same. They may be a better machiene but they are not worth the money they cost.

Again this is an opinion based on price parts reliablity i know of a 3 year old 35 hp schlie that has had more down time then my little 24hp tw in its 9 year life

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So your saying the chipper a 200mx 28hp schlie is better then a 45 hp 7.5 inch tw i think your wrong and the tw price is the same. They may be a better machiene but they are not worth the money they cost.

Again this is an opinion based on price parts reliablity i know of a 3 year old 35 hp schlie that has had more down time then my little 24hp tw in its 9 year life

No but its better than a TW 150 which is a comparable comparison, and a 220 would out chip a 190 in a heartbeat, time is money I'd rather a double the price Schliesing than a TW, Schliesing roller power/fork breaking saves on time/money and operator fatigue.....

Edited by Lee Winger

I found the 220 to have a very slow no stress reaction compared to a tw and ypu cant compare a 6inch 150 to a 7.5 inch 220 the 190 is the closest match and i think it is quicker dont get me wrong a schlie is excellent but i think the tw offers the best all round performance only the 190 the 150 is built on slim fast so its not accurate to compare they weight vastly different amounts.

This is only an opinion and like a women im allowed to change my mind lol

I found the 220 to have a very slow no stress reaction compared to a tw and ypu cant compare a 6inch 150 to a 7.5 inch 220 the 190 is the closest match

I already said that chief :001_tongue: I have owned two 150's the 200 is far better, you don't notice it chipping poles [or other Eastern Europeans lol] its when chipping nasty stuff like fruit and oak you notice the difference, constant snedding when using a 150 drove me mental, watching employees huff and puff, struggle and finally loose it drove me suicidal lol and all that jamming up in the roller housing you don't get that with a schleising

I can agree there i do have to sned abit with a tw i believe that is down to the little springs tho as the hydro motors have the power to crush but the springs let them bounch to easily.

I believe a good 200 2004 is worth imo no more than £6500 with the hours on the clock.

I will say that in future i will be looking at getting a schliesing when they have decent dealer networks in the uk.

:biggrin:

I think there are pros and cons for most of the mainstream machines. When they are used commercially and predominently by staff they all break and shake to bits. The key measurements are downtime and through put. The parts on a Schlie are heavier duty and therefore cost more, they should but don't always last longer.

With throughput the key advantage of the Schlie is the lack of pre-processing as the feed shute is so wide and well configured. I do prefer the higher revving TW and Jensen but try feeding arm loads of ivy into them for a few minutes and I look back to the halcyon days of dicing down on the back of the truck.

The machines are designed fundamentally differently although the concept of their purpose is the same. The Schlie relies on the momentum of the wheel to cut the branches, hence a heavier disc, whilst the smaller machines, (weight not capacity), rely on the grunt of the engine.

A well looked after machine of either make should perform for years but of the 3, similarly abused ones, a Schlie will hold more value than the others. Ask any finance company.