My unimog u1200 which is for sale £21,000

gilesclarke

Its former owner was bracing himself for the cost of a replacement Gearbox as the Layshaft was rumbling.They can/will go on for a while like that.

Do you know if the Gear box was over hauled before you bought it?

I remember the guy who owned it saying it burned about a Liter of Oil a week,was there any work done to the Engine while or after the Head was replaced?

Mike

I am not being funny but the fella is trying to sell his Mog. Your not being fair in pointing out what you think its former faults are, whether they are true or not. Its history is open to debate and you are not privy to all of that as neither am I. I do know Giles as an honest straight up bloke. If you were selling an item you would surely not appreciate others putting posts up as you have done.

This is not a personal attack just pointing out that you are not being fair to a fellow Arbtalker.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike

I am not being funny but the fella is trying to sell his Mog. Your not being fair in pointing out what you think its former faults are, whether they are true or not. Its history is open to debate and you are not privy to all of that as neither am I. I do know Giles as an honest straight up bloke. If you were selling an item you would surely not appreciate others putting posts up as you have done.

This is not a personal attack just pointing out that you are not being fair to a fellow Arbtalker.

Granted.

However the former owner had a lenghty thread regarding the faults he experianced in this Mog to the Tune of about £8K.

The former owner told me himself the condition of the machine when it was delivered to the vendor that Giles purchased it from.

Wether the faults were rectified or not, is up to Giles to show recepits for.

The vehicle does have a very checkered history documented on this very website.

Why does he not put the Vehicle in the Classifieds where it belongs,rather than a picture of it on a Discussion Forum where it can and has been Discussed?

We are all friends and colleagues on arbtalk and will help each other out where possible, if the mog has had the necessary done to it then with proof or the work the benefits of the vehicle will be pushed by those in the know and this site will help a sale.

If however the vehicle needs repair then surely it would be wrong to sit on the knowledge. It is our duty to point out the information and history of the vehicle which is already available on this forum.

A search of this forum will reveal that Mog was sold to AV with 'issues' by an old member of this forum. If it has been sorted it could be a good machine, if not it could be a money pit.

If you were looking to buy it would you want to know it's history from an un-biased set of people?

i bought a mog from a fellow Arb talker , i heard of bad points and i heard of good points with regards to the mog i was looking to buy . i went and looked at the mog and discussed the comments with the owner , i took on board the full facts of what i had been told by both fellow Arb talkers and the owner - i bought the mog and although i have had some teathing problems im happy with the mog that i have .

The bottom line is that anyone buying a vehicle or piece of plant/machinery should have access to the full facts - if that has to come from a third party then so be it !! i once bought a 4x4 tipper and was not made aware of the full facts and it proved costly and yes that was from a fellow arbtalk member . if your willing to post a sale on an open forum then you need to be prepared for an open discussion , from the sound of it the guy selling this mog seems a decant honest chap and i wish him all the best with the sale of his mog

• 3 weeks later...
yer it is it just pisses me off if someone don't like it dont say anything keep your thought's to yourself!

WTF?????????

I don't come on here to keep my thoughts to my self, what would be the point??

It would be very quiet in here if people did that :001_rolleyes:

If you did not want it discussed, it was a bit stupid starting a thread.:001_rolleyes: