Nice break

RobRainford

I've been off here for the past two days. On Tuesday I had my long awaited septoplasty operation. Got into the hospital at 11.15 got put under at 3.30! Was glad to have my own room in the hospital anyway. A newly built one too so everything was clean and comfy.

Came out from the anaesthetic around 5.15pm and took an hour before I could think properly as I was drifting off every few minutes!

I've been told to take two weeks off and to take it easy after that. The surgeon asked me what I do for work and I said I'm a surgeon too. But for trees! He didn't know what one is so I managed to teach him something!

Got the lovely gf looking after me as both parents are overseas till at least next week!

Had the packings removed from my nose yesterday. If anyone has had them before you know the feeling of having them removed. Imagine a pillow stuffed up your nose and when it's pulled out imagine someone tugging at your eyes and your brain! If you want to see An example look on youtube! That's been the worst part so far. Other than that I've had no other issues. Slept ok both nights so far.

Looking forward to a nice two weeks off though!

I've attached a pic I took about an hour after I came out from the anaesthetic. Was half conscious at the time!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg.fb00c7f67d8f3b39bc8835f41a9932e7.jpg

You are excused :)

It's to treat a deviated septum. Which is the middle bit on your nose. I had a sinus infection going on for a while and the op was to clear that out and they noticed my septum was bent too. So they cut a slice out of that to even it out with the other. It's a pretty simple surgery. I should be all recovered in 7-10 days. But right now I feel absolutely fine. Been given painkillers to take as and when needed. It feels like I have a blocked nose more than anything.

I had a similar thing done...rhinoplasty where they enlarge the holes in your skull behind the nose.

Had to have packing pulled out twice as the first time they couldn't stop bleeding.

Feel for you mate. It feels like a climbing rope being pulled out from behind your brain and eyes...ouch.

Yeah I've basically had a nose job courtesy of the nhs.

I've been at home. It's not serious enough to warrant staying in hospital. I was able to talk and get up so they let me go.

Why people put themselves through this type of thing for vanity is beyond me!