VERY Scary and expensive

benedmonds

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Ben you are not alone with this problem. some times the cast for the fins has a small imperfection namely a air pocket created during the casting process. over a period of time stress builds up in this area and as shown in your photos that is the end result. I hope this sheds some light on the cause of the problem.

Someone at Timberwolf needs to seriously look at containment issues, the casing clearly isn't sufficient to handle a big failure.

This just emphasises why they stick "wear face protection" stickers all over them - even when you're not actually chipping, they can throw chunks. A face shield probably wouldn't stop it, but it might deflect it enough...

I must admit TW have always been brilliant. I feel for you that just should not happen the 190 is meant to be a beafed up 150 and i never seen a 150 do that.

The only thing i could think could do that is some rebar grown inside some timber inch thick that could have momentum enough to shread the inside. but looks to be more than once piece maybe the blades shattered a piece ?.

I would bet some form of metal for sure. The metal broke the first fin then it all spun up and recked some more.

• 3 years later...
Timberwolf called after seeing the thread and were VERY keen to have a look at the 190.

I decided to let them even though I had a price and a guy working on it. Fair play to them, they want to work out what's happened. Will let you know of any findings.

I never did let you know what they said...

"The flywheel broke.. It wasn't our fault.."

Well I summarized the long the long report they sent..

I never did let you know what they said...

"The flywheel broke.. It wasn't our fault.."

Well I summarized the long the long report they sent..

Had a similar experience with a TW - there great if you call them looking to buy a machine but not so great when they go bang /break hence the fact i will never have another TW

Why not post the full report rather than just the bit attempting to make them look bad?

It was 3 years ago, I'll see if I have it. .. I remember now it was a paper copy that's why I never posted.

Not trying to make them look bad, we still have the machine and another TW.

I only posted as I thought I'd revive the thread for the pics to illustrate what can happen in a cracked blade thread. Noticed I said I let you know the outcome and hadn't...

Edited by benedmonds