Anyone had this???

Lorry thompson

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon they are just chancing their arm to see if you will accept a smaller fee. If they do send a smaller cheque and you cash it, they may try to claim that you have accepted it in full settlement but if you can show that you had no choice other than to cash it or go under then they will be unsuccessful ( D&C Builders Ltd v Rees )

Only 350 quid mate it's just the principal what's wound me up the most is her telling me her husband is rough! I wonder if she does the same with British gas

Say that her husband has been in touch, and says the same about her.

You won't get your money, but you'd have a smile on your face every time you thought about it!

you need to stand a bit firmer with this, its not something i enjoy doing either, maybe in this case you may be best advised to re-ring and speak to the husband direct,

tell him that you have done a job as requested,

did you itemise the price over the phone, because as we all know pollarding cherries is easier and cheaper and the time you would have saved by not having to do as exceptional job like on birch would make up for the increased amount of rubbish,

basically if the birch was 200 and cherry 150, but you never told them this then tell them that cherry was 85 and birch was 265 please,

and also in addition you would need to return the cherry as you have not been paid to do the job, its there property,

what ever you decide to do make sure that it is right for you, and that if you let it go it wont eat away at you,

you wont lose work of it, the neighbours are already aware that they are trying to rob you,

they have a legal duty to pay you in full and then you can make good the remainder of the work i.e fell cherry and replant at your cost, depends how stubborn you are and time and effort you want to waste on it.

if you do meet up with them take great pleasure in winding him up. if he clobbers you sue the 3 card trick,

sorry for rant i dont post that often but had bad day and this riles me