plod with a speed gun

i went past a traffic car on the side of the road with a copper leaning over the bonnet with a speed gun , my question is - if your speeding do they have to pull you or are they now able to send a ticket ?? i know that the cammera vans send a ticket but not sure about the trafffis car on the side of the road . anyone got experience ??

Not sure mate, just ask for calibration certificates of the machine used, then a certificate for the machine used to calibrate that machine... if you get me? Heard on a couple occasions its got my mates out the poo. Not sure what the exact in's and outs's of it are... but they said it workeed.

The small handheld ones are normally used in conjunction with a few more cops further down the road to pull you in. The camera vans take a photo for evidence, then they send an NIP demanding the name of the driver within 14 days.

Notice anyone getting pulled over further down the road?If there was and they didnt pull you in then you might be in the clear.

i had this, i was doing 80 down a dual carrigeway and a guy was stood at the end of a straight and he was there in a hi viz jacket down a junction. He pointed to me and signalled to slow down, i did after he told me and he just gave me a thumbs up and i carried on. More coppers like that please.

My dad was pulled by an unmarked on the m62 doing 101 and got let off, he gave a good story and we were in a hurry at the time to get somewhere, very lucky that day!

My dad was pulled by an unmarked on the m62 doing 101 and got let off, he gave a good story and we were in a hurry at the time to get somewhere, very lucky that day!

I wasn't as lucky on the motorbike:blushing:, was it cheshire police?

R