subsidised aspen

pro bros

Just phoned & asked a few questions,got realy good answers too.

The tax rating is the same as on pump fuel,which is as you would probably expect,would be great if this rate was to be reduced,but that is unlikely to happen.

Great sounding product,I am going to use it purely to improve my working environment,at my age I'm fed up of feeling more like a bp blunder as the day goes on!:biggrin:

does anyone agree that this type of fuel should be subsidised by the government as is agri/fishing fuel "red diesel" as this could easily be dyed as its not road fuel never mind it being more expensive than standard petrol.i contacted our local fuel suppler at the highland show and they had never heard of it!!!!! the guy was interested in supplying if he could get a hold of it.any comments appreciated.

There is no "subsidy" on agricultural diesel - just a much lower rate of fuel duty - which also applies to domestic heating oil I believe. If the claimed health risks of using pump fuel are true then there is a good case to be made for having aspen treated in the same way.

Cheers

mac

Who told you that mate- I have asked on here and made allusions several times,only to be given yet more slippery replies.......

I just ran a search here and phoned them up !

PR & Communications - Motor racing fuel & racing oil from Anglo American Oils UK: Suppliers of high performance motor sports fuels, oils & Lubricants.

:thumbup1:

I love the 'fact'file section of their website, with the comparison results of their experiment.....

Me too!

The proofs in the pudding,not the cloth it's wrapped in with some things,I only have to look at the wife to sustain this scepticism,:001_rolleyes::blushing::laugh1:

Me too!

The proofs in the pudding,not the cloth it's wrapped in with some things,I only have to look at the wife to sustain this scepticism,:001_rolleyes::blushing::laugh1:

OOps sorry!!!

should have posted that one in the 'words of wisdom' thread!:laugh1:

Hi everyone,

been busy at the Royal Welsh show promoting Aspen and only just managed to find an internet connection.

The Duty on Aspen is the same as on normal road fuel, think its 56.19 pence from the top of my head.

we are working on getting the duty reduced or removed completely as that would be great for everyone :thumbup1:

hope that answers your original question.

Axel

• 13 years later...

Hi. I was running Aspen for a while but recently have decided I can't afford it. So back to stinking car / shed / cab / whatever. 

A quick search confirms my assumption that Fuel Duty Applies to Aspen - how wrong?!

57 pence per litre vs 52.95* on petrol.

Doesn't fuel duty apply to road use? Ignoring the recent change in red diesel usage class. Oh yeah officer, I just loove running my RS6 on Aspen innit. £3.87/litre ex. WTF.