second hand chippers?

egs

Hi Egs,

There are a few outlets for used machinery, it all depends on your location and willingness to travel, budget available, size required etc. Gives a clue on that and I'm sure someone will be able to help. Also look at the classified section - push the button on the right!

Cheers

we are looking at spending 10 000 and willing to travel anywere. looking at a timberwolf 150 towing (presuming that there one of best as they are really popular around my area). if someone could reccomend some place that sell used chippers. got to fine 5 quotes to submit

just because others have them doesnt mean they are the best. I highly recommend Peteb and his Greenmechs. i have bought 2 off him in the last year, 1 new and 1 second hand. The service is exceptional and the condition of the second hand one was great. And they will always answer the phone if you have a query.:thumbup1:

can some one send me phone numbers so i can ring around tomorrow

need to get the wheels in motion asap as the work is coming thick n fast.

many thanks for your help so far and if anyone else can reccomend any other chippers to go for i would be very greatful.

p.s aint really got a clue on what chipper to get. only used a timberwolf 150

as that is what i have been using at college and from my local hire company

• 2 weeks later...

I was going to start another thread but this will do. I am also in the market for a used chipper towable 6" chipper I am looking to spend £3-5k, is this enough? I know in this price range they are getting on a bit, willa chipper for this sort of price be likely to break down alot what sort of parts start to fail? i have only used chippers as a subbie climber briefly at the end of a day, so don't have much experience or knowledge of what happens to them when they get old or what to watch out for so any info would be greatly appreciated.