Newbie just sold his first bag for £120

baz

think you need to either chill out.

the guy is doing nothing wrong,, he merely posted on his efforts to sell logs at a good rate and i for one congratulate him,, you are not being forced to read his thread and you are not being forced to sell your wood at the same price,

your posts are nothing short of trying to bate a fellow poster and i think you should move along...:thumbup:

Chap in question has come on 'ere looking for (and got) free advice in the past and is apparrently alleged to have infringed copyright by lifting pictures off another poster's website, an allegation which he has to date failed to reply to.:thumbdown:

The first post in the thread proudly announces his first ever sale which he has achieved at a premium price :thumbup1:

His latest post consists of free advice on how to run a business, given the two points above it is hardly surprising that this is not universally welcomed.

Cheers

mac

Edited by Steve Bullman

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

think you need to either chill out.

the guy is doing nothing wrong,, he merely posted on his efforts to sell logs at a good rate and i for one congratulate him,, you are not being forced to read his thread and you are not being forced to sell your wood at the same price,

your posts are nothing short of trying to bate a fellow poster and i think you should move along...:thumbup:

Pleased to see this post has been edited to remove the offensive content,no need for the removed comment.

I for one would be miffed if photos were lifted from my website and used in a comercial setting by the competition,as would appear to have happened. :001_smile:

I am personally put out when another log supplier (who sells globaly)finds it in the spirit of fair competition,to openly denounce the quality of a competitors product,namely the poor quality of 'tree surgeons firewood'.

I am sure the logs Baz sells are top notch,and take no issue at his prices,but do consider his marketing to be in poor taste on the basis of the above

I don't have a real problem with the price of these logs, you should be able to sell them for what ever you think is appropriate, if some people are prepared to pay that much for them that is there informed choice.

What I don't agree with is some of the content of the website (assuming it belongs to the same person!). I feel there is quite a lot of misleading information on there - in the same way that "Many suppliers are only too happy to supply sub-standard and poorly seasoned wood"

I like the idea of "our hardwood is sourced only from renewable coppice" but don't understand how this ties in with " we also split larger logs from rings (from trunks that are too large to process cut)", unless the coppice is about 40 years old!

I shall leave it there

His site also says "Prices form £100 per bag", but if you go to the price list they start a £120!!

Con-man in my book!!!

I've tried being upbeat and reasonable in this thread but comments like this are off topic, naive at best and a long step beyond the acceptable. It's a very strange comment indeed - in the best interest of keeping calm can we just let my thread die as comments have degenerated to bazaar in this instance, just plain nothing useful in a lot of instances and are moving in the direction of being potentially libellous and defamatory. As threads on this forum are search engine listed I now have to respond to the increasingly reckless comments being made. Negative references to myself personally or any company or trade name I am associated with will be regarded as thus. So, please either keep comments on topic and the first post always denotes the topic or do move on to something a whole lot more interesting.