Birds eye view..............

David Humphries

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers J.

would of thought with your talent, a little Hancock/Virgin collabouration could get you a freebee :thumbup1:

Landings fine mate, bit bouncy but no great shakes.

Check out their photo gallery, your balloon landscape shot would open doors for sure :001_smile:

Hot Air Balloon Ride Operators UK, Hot Air Ballooning Rides Company

great photos, i have been launching and recovering hot air balloons for the last 12 years. the only photos i have seen that were better were ones taken at the balloon fiesta last year but they were taken by a pro photographer from one of our balloons. we fly from bath, bristol, westonbirt, usk, staverton airport(cheltenham) and north wooton near wells. contact ballooning network for more info and prices. we flew from westonbirt last night and could have filled the basket of 16 twice.

sorry guys but couldnt miss out on the free publicity:001_smile:

Hi Bob,

wouldn't mind a trip over that "neck of the woods" for sure, maybe when my little ones are a bit older.

After talking to the pilot & seeing how random the landing site choice is, I was wondering what's the legal stance on landing Balloons here in the Uk?

Obviously our pilot wasn't going to chance upsetting any farmers by spooking livestock or squishing crop, so that narrows down choice a fair bit.

The Farmers wife where we landed, is getting a free flight as compo.

Hi Dave,

a hot air balloon can in theory land anywhere however there are areas marked on the pilots maps that are no landing or fee charged, height restiction etc. 99% of farmers are brill, and very helpful when it comes to letting us recover the balloon, some want a fee or a donation to a charity but all in all round here there are good relations with all land owners. a few weeks ago one of our balloons was going to be charged £100 by the land owner. i knew the owner and went up to see her on sunday and we now have exclusive rights to land on her land. being nice and polite to people costs nothing. as i have been doing this for 12 years i could tell you some real horror stories. this area is great to fly from so come on down.:thumbup:

I managed to go up in one a couple of years ago, the guy said that if I could get my other half to where they were taking off, she could fly for free. she could'nt make it, so i had to spend an entire weekend in the Doghouse. The views are amazing though!! Probably (just) worth it!! haha!!

I managed to go up in one a couple of years ago, the guy said that if I could get my other half to where they were taking off, she could fly for free. she could'nt make it, so i had to spend an entire weekend in the Doghouse. The views are amazing though!! Probably (just) worth it!! haha!!

Oh dear:biggrin:

Your kneck of the woods or somewhere else Tommy?