Just because we can, doesn't mean we should...

janey

People say dogs are easy to win over you got to earn a cats love I think that's bull you earn a cats love keeping it warm giving it good food dogs are not dumb maybe the breeds that are inbred cos of there strange features to produce a teddybear lookalike but my lurcher collie cross was very intelligent almost human like in her ways what makes a cat so superior in intelligence

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People say dogs are easy to win over you got to earn a cats love I think that's bull you earn a cats love keeping it warm giving it good food dogs are not dumb maybe the breeds that are inbred cos of there strange features to produce a teddybear lookalike but my lurcher collie cross was very intelligent almost human like in her ways what makes a cat so superior in intelligence

Have you ever known a cat stay put where it isn't being looked after? Even some humans aren't that smart :001_smile:

Wild animals and pets are not the same.

Cats and dogs can go for you anytime, people may class as pets but can still be as visious. People have pet tigers, pythons, it an animal is in the mood to cause harm then it will no matter how well trained or demesticated.

Cats and dogs can go for you anytime, people may class as pets but can still be as visious. People have pet tigers, pythons, it an animal is in the mood to cause harm then it will no matter how well trained or demesticated.

Bit like people then. What I mean is, what would be a good quality of life for a domesticated animal would not be for a wild animal, and vice versa.

Wild animals and pets are not the same.

who decides then? 2 kittens are born, 1 finds a home with humans the other stays out and fends for itself. 1 gets taken to the vets and lives to 23 spending most of its life on a couch kept going with pills and artificial foods, the other lasts about 6 years living life to the full, what it was meant for and when it gets an injury it dies or gets taken out by another predator.

The only diference is the humans get in the way and tell themselves whatever they have to to make their own little story in their heads make them happy.

Both are furry with claws:biggrin:

who decides then? 2 kittens are born, 1 finds a home with humans the other stays out and fends for itself. 1 gets taken to the vets and lives to 23 spending most of its life on a couch kept going with pills and artificial foods, the other lasts about 6 years living life to the full, what it was meant for and when it gets an injury it dies or gets taken out by another predator.

The only diference is the humans get in the way and tell themselves whatever they have to to make their own little story in their heads make them happy.

Both are furry with claws:biggrin:

That's the old nature v nurture argument, Stephen. People have argued that one for years with no answer :001_smile:

Nope I'm sorry dogs are like horses they are just crap.

I'll even throw guinea pigs and hampsters into that category too tbh.

I suppose dogs are great if your lonely and have no friends or family.Or I suppose you can take them on walks to get away from the missus and kids etc.

Yeah dogs are just rubbish.:thumbup1:

Like it Stephen people believe what they are doin is for the animal but it's for themself I've only ever owned hunting dogs and I've took them hunting they are the happiest dogs in the world doin what they are born to do they weren't cruel or savage and whatever they caught I ate they ate or my hawk ate so nothing was wasted the last thing I would do to one of my dogs is make survive through medication and metal legs