What to do on a day off?.... Go climbing of course!

Thea

Hope you told someone you were going solo

Of course! :001_tt2: My house mates knew where I was and I had my phone with me.

Excellent idea, What's the tree Boat? where did you get it from?

A treeboat is a hammock made by New Tribe. Horribly expensive but worth every penny :thumbup1:New Tribe store

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tree boats look ace! have you/can you spend the night in one??

my house mate and i went for a reccy climb on sunday too, my minds going overload now . . .a tree boat, few beers, freshly caught fish on the open fire would be an ace weekender over here!

5976565b13ded_sweden13-06-10012.jpg.05a48677d6ab1d36ce855a98556ded04.jpg

5976565b16661_sweden13-06-10013.jpg.0f0f6dd0278722180945d61c45a733c0.jpg

5976565b19031_sweden13-06-10014.jpg.53a4cd0df76b1cd5ec88cfaa02919c40.jpg

Looks like a nice spot! I always struggled to find places to climb or for that matter people to climb with when I lived in reading. There were a few nice places on the uni campus in town but that was about it. Will give you a pm next time i'm down that way (quite frequently) and may be go for a climb if the sun is out.... Just looked up those tree boat's, Awesome!!

Matt

looks like fun, I have one of these, Travel Hammock / Bivi - DD Hammocks they are well made for the money and rated to 160Kg, thats amost enough for you Josh. I have only tried it near ground level, but no reason why it wouldn't work up a tree. Very comfortable and surprisingly hard to fall out of , has a built in midgie net too, essential in scotland.:001_smile:

Mine's the old model, says 160:001_smile:

they are well comfy mate.

If I get time I'll be heading up north for a long weekend before the summers out, I have a 4 peice travel fly rod that I take, find a nice spot catch a few trout and sit by the fire, you cant beat it mate. Sweden looks like the ideal place for such a jolly too.:001_smile:

Yeah just make sure its not the branch fork that the hammock is tied on the end of :sneaky2::lol: Your view looks a lot more impressive than mine!

Yeah you can sleep in them, I even have a little tent thing that goes over mine, which seemed like a good idea when I bought it to prevent it becoming a treebathtub in our rainy climate, but as yet haven't tried it out :blushing: I've only slept during the day in mine. Surprisingly comfy, despite having to keep a harness on for obvious reasons :001_rolleyes:

this makes me chuckle, If i climb for any reason other than being paid i find i get up the tree and am like , right what now!!!!!! Today i climbed a 115 foot welly, end weighted all the split snow damaged limbs. I then headed for the woods where the other boys were dismantling 5 large beech trees. My missus would go nuts if she found me asleep in one!!!!

If I get time I'll be heading up north for a long weekend before the summers out, I have a 4 peice travel fly rod that I take, find a nice spot catch a few trout and sit by the fire, you cant beat it mate. Sweden looks like the ideal place for such a jolly too.:001_smile:

sounds sweet as mate, im gonna do the same, im sure swedens got some wilderness somewhere:001_smile: a weekend of peace and quiet, chilaxing

Yeah just make sure its not the branch fork that the hammock is tied on the end of. Your view looks a lot more impressive than mine!

Yeah you can sleep in them, I even have a little tent thing that goes over mine, which seemed like a good idea when I bought it to prevent it becoming a treebathtub in our rainy climate, but as yet haven't tried it out I've only slept during the day in mine. Surprisingly comfy, despite having to keep a harness on for obvious reasons :001_rolleyes:

cool! sleeping in a tree in the rain under cover sounds idylic :thumbup: