hamadryads foray september 18th 2010

I'm not sure if I could make it. Got stuff planned for the Sunday and it's a 3 hour drive! If only you could come somewhere north so us northern folk can have a share of your knowledge!

I would love to come though. If I didn't have stuff planned it would be a possibility.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm slap bang in the middle between Liverpool and Manchester with the m6 5 miles away and the m62 less than 10 mikes away. Junction 23 on the m6 is the closest one to me. I'm willing to travel up to 100 miles to wherever it is.

I am unsure of what Sssi sites there are. But google is always available to find that out

I think one up north would be a great idea. The other half of the country would benefit!

I'm slap bang in the middle between Liverpool and Manchester with the m6 5 miles away and the m62 less than 10 mikes away. Junction 23 on the m6 is the closest one to me. I'm willing to travel up to 100 miles to wherever it is.

I am unsure of what Sssi sites there are. But google is always available to find that out

I think one up north would be a great idea. The other half of the country would benefit!

Then lets make it so, next year is plenty of time to work on a location, and find all who are keen to do this one.:thumbup1:

Then lets make it so, next year is plenty of time to work on a location, and find all who are keen to do this one.:thumbup1:

Are there any places in particular you would want to visit? There is delamere forest over in er, delamere which could be a candidate? Depends on it's management. It is run by the FC so fallen trees may be dealt with.

Plenty of time to find a location though

Are there any places in particular you would want to visit? There is delamere forest over in er, delamere which could be a candidate? Depends on it's management. It is run by the FC so fallen trees may be dealt with.

Plenty of time to find a location though

Depends on what you wanna see and learn about, FC forests tend to be production (young) biassed and ecology poor, what you really want is a site rich in veteran trees, the nearest one i know northwoods is bradgate deer park, but probably too far south for you lot? but I shall look on the ATF site and find dense locales of veteran trees. That will be a good start.

By the way, all that are coming to Whippendell on the 18th, I will now be able to show you perenniporia on Oak!:thumbup1: