hamadryads foray september 18th 2010

O.k ive set a date, and Ive been down today to start keeping an eye on locations and events. its looking good with two big fallen beeches really starting to break down. Ive got a rough idea of how to plan the day, starting off in Cassiobury park where we will be looking at beeches for Pholiota squarosus, a vet oak for laeti and fistulina. Then we shall move along to see on our way to the main wood an old chestnut youll not want to miss! where we will do a group shot for the forum. then off to the edges of the course to look for boletes, the magpie inkcap and various other mycos.

On reaching the main wood, we will visit a fallen beech with a fine set of apllanatums and a geotropic sample for you all to shoot. then past a beech with perinniporia fraxinea. I hope an oak will be hosting a fine inonotus dryadeus. from there we will seek out various mycos and other fungi like Stereums, peniophoras i hope and am almost certain to show you tremella foliacea, aurantia and mesenterica.

We may find many fistulinas, grifola, Pholiota aurivella as well as some rarities, and with luck a phaeolus shwienizii on a vet pine.

no promises but I am fingers crossed going to present you all with Volvariela bombycina as a special lucky find to go home with, even if I have to cultivate it myself!:lol:

and of course, we will see some great old trees thrown in!

heres a few photos from today to get the juices going!:thumbup:

59765654aac32_whippy8610176.jpg.8d4b90f5e9c29e952dc27988887e2865.jpg

59765654ad004_whippy8610216.jpg.ad0f48a5e72166d4e99cdf7ae73c9be2.jpg

59765654b02d6_whippy8610237.jpg.f55014f2db373b2cf5a3e58af4d4caed.jpg

59765654b3bfe_whippy8610245.jpg.d423da69eb97491e5ce897d8759b284b.jpg

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

O.k ive set a date, and Ive been down today to start keeping an eye on locations and events. its looking good with two big fallen beeches really starting to break down. Ive got a rough idea of how to plan the day, starting off in Cassiobury park where we will be looking at beeches for Pholiota squarosus, a vet oak for laeti and fistulina. Then we shall move along to see on our way to the main wood an old chestnut youll not want to miss! where we will do a group shot for the forum. then off to the edges of the course to look for boletes, the magpie inkcap and various other mycos.

On reaching the main wood, we will visit a fallen beech with a fine set of apllanatums and a geotropic sample for you all to shoot. then past a beech with perinniporia fraxinea. I hope an oak will be hosting a fine inonotus dryadeus. from there we will seek out various mycos and other fungi like Stereums, peniophoras i hope and am almost certain to show you tremella foliacea, aurantia and mesenterica.

We may find many fistulinas, grifola, Pholiota aurivella as well as some rarities, and with luck a phaeolus shwienizii on a vet pine.

no promises but I am fingers crossed going to present you all with Volvariela bombycina as a special lucky find to go home with, even if I have to cultivate it myself!:lol:

and of course, we will see some great old trees thrown in!

heres a few photos from today to get the juices going!:thumbup:

[ATTACH]39126[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]39127[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]39128[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]39129[/ATTACH]

coolio.....its in the calendar:thumbup:

• 1 month later...

O.K guys and girls, its getting close now so I really need to know if the 18th is good for all concerned and how many of you are likley to turn up?

This season is an exceptional one, and started VERY early, i hope its a sign of things to come and NOT an early burn out of activity!

Though Ive got a few garauntees now ive seen a few formers!

So, state your pressence here and if the date is O.K

be warned, this will be a long trek, brambles and nettles a possibility so long trousers are compulsory, just ask david! his legs look like he has been self abusing after I dragged him through! LMAO

I am realy looking forward to this event, a few of you have come to me at the show and expressed how much your looking forward to it and I hope it will be all you want from it.

Where is the venue Tony?

We will all be meeting in the car park of cassiobury park, though depending on numbers this may move to the rear of wood by "The Grove " golf course

Thats in watford herts, easy accses via A41 M25 or M1 whatever way your coming from.:thumbup1::thumbup1:

are you joining us?

I would like to. September is a bit nuts though so I'll have to wait and see. Sorry I can't commit yet!

no probs, just turn up if you can, will be more than welcome, :thumbup1:

Im thinking about a later one at hatfield and one at ashridge too so plenty of chances. going to become a regular invitation.:001_smile: