Arb Talk Calender 2011

sean

Would you be interested in purchasing an Arb talk calender 2011?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in purchasing an Arb talk calender 2011?

• yes
    • no
    • possibly

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MOQ? We produced a Charity calendar last year, sold out of copies in three weeks, but at 6.99 it only covered the costs of production, but the product was sold to raise awareness. To that end it did work. You do have to consider how many may buy it and what size production run, with a year-specific calendar you only have a small window of opportunity to sell, could be left with a lot left unsold. I'd buy a couple anyway, top idea:thumbup1:

Thanks for all the input and feedback guys......

With regards funding the calender I have spoken with Steve and we will try and raise the necessary printing costs through sponsorship. Possibly looking at getting a sponsor for each month.

I'm definately leaning towards an informational calendar as mentioned before. Not too in depth but educational and interesting with nice photo's. No scantily clad bodies.....sorry boys and girls!

With regards John's idea about a photography competition it is something that can possibly be incorporated with perhaps the winner getting their image on the front cover. Will possibly put a shout out for potential images to be incorporated into the calender but have a large library of potentials myself and was kind of thinking it would be a good platform to show some of my work but as i have said before its early days and this thread is intended to throw additional ideas around and test the water.

I was also thinking about including some 'pearls of arboricultural wisdom' that get thrown around here. Quotes, one liners, helpul hints and tips with regards tree works etc so if there are any you remember in particular please let me know so I can start compiling!

Thanks again

Sean

I like the idea of involving The members in either capacity. Wether they be in the photos or getting credits for taking photos.

Oh and it was my idea not johns about the competition. Thanks mate. Lol

I like the idea of involving The members in either capacity. Wether they be in the photos or getting credits for taking photos.

Oh and it was my idea not johns about the competition. Thanks mate. Lol

Think you'll find on poage 1 of this thread that John mentioned it first Frank!:001_tt2:

Yes I'd like to involve the members in some capacity for sure!

good idea, sure it could raise a few quid for charity,and if some of the arb shops would display them on the counter for example, that would get some non-arbtalkers buying, thus bringing more people to arbtalk, win- win

these will be available exclusively through the childrens trust online shop

Think you'll find on poage 1 of this thread that John mentioned it first Frank!:001_tt2:

Yes I'd like to involve the members in some capacity for sure!

Oh yeah so he did. I'm getting confused because I had the idea in 09.