Diesel... HOW MUCH ??!!

cordwood

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are way to passive in this country.

We all have a moan about it, but the goverment and large industry know we will just pay up. Hell most busy garages don't even have more than one cashier so we will even stand in line to get slapped:hmmmm2:

The price of fuel is going to rise. Oil is becoming scarce and thus harder to extract. If we want to carry on earning a living using petrol and oil based engines, we're going to have to change the way we use petrol and diesel. Running smaller engines in our cars and trucks. etc etc. We have to be a part of the solution. If people keep running massive engines in their cars, it will make fuel more expensive for saws chipper etc, the tools that actually earn our living. Anyone putting my livelihood in jeopardy not my friend. blaming the government is not very proactive. Sure, if your already using organic yogurt to run your truck on, then by all means have a pop at them. But remove the plank from your own eyes first. Many think that they are just individuals, who individually can do nothing. but we are all in many groups, family, social, industrial and political. We are everyone and we can change things if we think globally and act locally. God that sounds sanctimonious! sorry don't have time to change it the mega corporations are about to close the supermarkets, and I've some panic buying to get on with.

I love you all

I cycled to work today. Got wet.

The price of fuel is going to rise. Oil is becoming scarce and thus harder to extract. If we want to carry on earning a living using petrol and oil based engines, we're going to have to change the way we use petrol and diesel. Running smaller engines in our cars and trucks. etc etc. We have to be a part of the solution. If people keep running massive engines in their cars, it will make fuel more expensive for saws chipper etc, the tools that actually earn our living. Anyone putting my livelihood in jeopardy not my friend. blaming the government is not very proactive. Sure, if your already using organic yogurt to run your truck on, then by all means have a pop at them. But remove the plank from your own eyes first. Many think that they are just individuals, who individually can do nothing. but we are all in many groups, family, social, industrial and political. We are everyone and we can change things if we think globally and act locally. God that sounds sanctimonious! sorry don't have time to change it the mega corporations are about to close the supermarkets, and I've some panic buying to get on with.

I love you all

Nah. It's a scam. I agree we can change things but it is to complicated and dull to post on here.

When the national community needs change it usually happens through commercial pressure, so why are we still a slave to the oil companies and the combustion engine?

Goverments have been neglecting alternatives for years because of industrial pressure. Just look at other more progressive countries.

You watch the speed we can change when the oil does run out and the money has been made!

This could get really dull.:boring:

And to think that I bought a moped to go to work on 15 years ago cos the landrover was too inefficient.

Have you ever rode 20 miles on a moped with a 262 and combi can and breaking bar on the back?

Yeah you get strange looks but it paid for itself in 2 weeks.

looks like those days are comming back!

I love you all

You make some very good points,but when much of what we pay is tax and it is a percentage,why does the government not cap the tax we pay,so that we would only pay the increased cost of oil and not additional tax?