suppliers for tree ties

bob

I have used Toms Tree Ties too

He does biodegradable ones that stop trees being strangled by lack of aftercare too

I have used some of his biod ones and I am looking forward to seeing how they perform

Stops this type of palaver

http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/picture-forum/17274-death-strangulation.html

Which ones are the Bio ones

Are they the expanding ones?

They are supposed to "give" with rain and weather and degrade before they strangle the tree. They are hessian or jute I think. Supposed to be less attractive to vandals, and they dont leave black rubber/litter behind if they fall off etc. They blend in quite well. It comes in large rolls of about 35 m that you cut to size. I will be watching the ones we used on a local site with interest to see if they live up to the claim.

The ones I use are called Naturetie

They are supposed to "give" with rain and weather and degrade before they strangle the tree. They are hessian or jute I think. Supposed to be less attractive to vandals, and they dont leave black rubber/litter behind if they fall off etc. They blend in quite well. It comes in large rolls of about 35 m that you cut to size. I will be watching the ones we used on a local site with interest to see if they live up to the claim.

The ones I use are called Naturetie

cheers found it

how did you fasten it on

I am looking at it for street trees so needs to be reasonably tamper proof any thoughts:thumbup1:

I fastened it to the stake with flat headed tacks, then round the tree, round the middle to create spacer then back to the stake and tack and trim. A staple gun might work too I suppose!

Edited by Arbgirl