Thanks guys

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In all honesty I think the quote came from James Dean. He was a rebel without a cause unlike tony who is a rebel with a cause. Lol

Funny that the quote came from James Dean, there has to be some irony in there somewhere, perhaps in his case it was true.

Tony:

Dream as if you may life forever

Live as if you may die tommorrow

Inspirational you are chum. (still a loony though) haha

Lmao, thats a great quote and heard it before, and it is a great sentiment to live by.

as for being a loony, gifted folk are usualy a little "eccentric":lol:

I just love your passion and honesty mate. refreshing to see. I call you a loony because in hull if you talked about mushrooms and fungus with the enthusiasm that you do, you would get locked up hahaha

Best of luck Tony, I always read your posts, even if I don't understand half of them!! ha ha!!

Now thats exactly the thing i want to avoid!:001_rolleyes:

whats the point in it otherwise? Always say if you want something cleared up a bit, no shame in that mate, just ask, thats what I do all the time and theres loads of stuff I dont get!:blushing:

Nice one mate. Consider it done!! The obvious knowledge and passion you have for fungi and the like are something that I definately want to learn more about and, for me personally, having guys like you and Mr Monkey-D on board here at Arbtalk, can only be a bonus.:thumbup1:

Nice one mate. Consider it done!! The obvious knowledge and passion you have for fungi and the like are something that I definately want to learn more about and, for me personally, having guys like you and Mr Monkey-D on board here at Arbtalk, can only be a bonus.:thumbup1:

When i first started getting into this stuff it was real hard going, books aint cheap and there isnt many really easy reading volumes about! if you know what I mean!

once I really got going, it became more and more interesting and then it becomes second nature. so now it seems you folk think I know my onions! lol and i have always felt that those who know should pass on what they know to others, I think this is a moral obligation with knowledge.

Knowledge should be free, it shouldnt be abused or profited from, at least not within your field and comunity, O.k to be a consultant, but NOT o.k to be a consultant and withold to your own kind, thats a big no no in my book.

Were all students of arb, you, me even the top guns, were all at different levels of lifelong learning and it should be a gifted thing.

I have gotten to a point now where I am fortunate in that i can ask some VERY, in fact the very highest rankers a question if needs be, but on the way here there was so many on the middle road that would not entertain me asking questions, and that is wholey wrong.

arboriculture cannot advance until we are all knowing and all learning, ONLY then will there be enough push to move it forward at a faster pace. A select few is not enough, we all need to get on the wagon and think about what we do and how we can do it better.

as ted green says, were only on the first page of the book, and its a mighty big book, so the more of us reading it and passing it on the faster we will get through the book of arb.

"WE CAN DO THIS"

Tony;

I've always read with interest your posts and found your desire for knowledge encouraging. You have ,however, sometimes come across as frustrated with your lot.

Maybe now you are finally heading in YOUR true direction and are on the road to self actualisation.:thumbup:

Good luck!

Paul.

Tony;

I've always read with interest your posts and found your desire for knowledge encouraging. You have ,however, sometimes come across as frustrated with your lot.

Maybe now you are finally heading in YOUR true direction and are on the road to self actualisation.:thumbup:

Good luck!

Paul.

I am VERY fustrated !

Its a hard hard battle to get anywhere in this game without a degree or the resources to just go and buy scopes and tools that would enable you to do your own research.

Ive got myself in a heap of debt doing it thus far, and its not got me anywhere closer!

However, I will not give in give up and go home, Im in this because I am totaly and utterly absorbed in it, i simply wouldnt be happy doing anything but this.

So Its a sink or swim scenario!