Husky 390xp exhaust mod??

Mozza

Ive read on here a few times that the 390xp benefits a great deal from an exhaust mod,

Is this a new exhaust i can buy, If so where from?? Or is it a case of modifying the standard one myself??

Any info would be great.

Cheers :thumbup1:

Don't know if you can buy an exhaust rather than mod the existing one,but make sure and modifications are backed up by carb adjusments,may meen taking the restricting gromet things off the air screw adjusters to get it runnuing rich enough.

You probably know this anyway Liam!:001_smile:

Gotta richen her up with a bigger backside don't forget! What 'appened to Petemate390xp on 'ere?

Not sure if Pete's still about mate, i Pm'd him just incase hes lurking still :thumbup1:

I think its the duel port exhaust im after, I could well be wrong tho :laugh1:

Don't know if you can buy an exhaust rather than mod the existing one,but make sure and modifications are backed up by carb adjusments,may meen taking the restricting gromet things off the air screw adjusters to get it runnuing rich enough.

You probably know this anyway Liam!:001_smile:

I know in principle what to do Geoff mate but ive never give it a go, Never "messed" about with saws really, Just fixed them when they break, Not sure if id want to practice on my new saw :lol:

I might buy a new mid range saw this summer and practice pimping up my old 365 haha

Iv'e messed with an old stihl 170,(bit pointless I know) and it loves it,but make you right your saw is relatively new,If you do get the dual port exhaust,get it tuned in on the carb with a tacho by someone who knows.:001_smile:

What did you do to the 170 Ive got a couple I fancy having a play with.

Ive read on here a few times that the 390xp benefits a great deal from an exhaust mod,

Is this a new exhaust i can buy, If so where from?? Or is it a case of modifying the standard one myself??

Any info would be great.

Cheers :thumbup1:

Yes you can buy it Liam, there attached to MS660s and turn a bag of crap into to a top saw:lol:

What did you do to the 170 Ive got a couple I fancy having a play with.

It's an old cheapy I use in dirty areas or water,I just opened up the exhaust and adjusted the carb until it didn't over rev,made it richer.