powersharp

Steve Bullman

valid point, and you cant file the depth gauges off for soft wood:lol:

but repeatadly cutting soiled wood, stumps, contaminated wood, stems grown through wire fences (Nifty Steve will remember:biggrin:) it could be a time saving godsend

remember that al right nice piece of chain link gong right through the tree

my mates got and i would still rather spend a bit of time doing it myself i didnt see that it made it cutt any better if anything id say it was cutting worse

Hi

Powersharp is not yet available in the UK we only have a few demo units in the country.

The launch is Sept 2010, it is designed for saws under 2.3kw [thats about 40cc in plain language] so other than the MS200/020T and smaller saws used for light work is not intended for the pro market.

The chain size is 3/8 low profile .050 [like 91VX chassis or Pico] but is very different, it has a top sharp cutter and a diamond dresser link which helps profile the grinding stone.

The stone and chain will wear down together estimated price is £30.00 retail for the stone and chain and £40.00 for the bar and device.

These prices are not confirmed yet.

Think of the domestic user thru to the jobbing landscaper who needs to make a few more cuts but are faced with a blunt chain, they tend to try to burn their way thru rather than sharpen as it takes too long and most don't know how to sharpen or can't be bothered.

So Powersharp solves the problem, and enables all who use it to have a sharp chain in seconds.

It will be interesting to know if any tree surgeons take it up, to answer other questions the powersharp chain performs like a guarded 91 chain roughly 10% slower than our 91VX. The interesting point is take a non guarded standard chain and after 15 min cutting will be slower [worse still in dirty gritty wood] the powersharp remains at its best as you can sharpen in less than 5 seconds and be back to work, even up a tree.

There are no plans to make a larger chain version.

Look out for it at the APF show .

Les

Area Mgr Oregon Cutting Systems Division

it's a free world... you're not going to be forced to take it up SJB:wink:

as les said, aimed at home user i reckon it's a good thing..

fear of the unknown can be hilarious,,,, evolution and all that...

i wouldnt call it fear of the unknown. its simple physics...that much metal is going to slow things down. its a good invention that aside, and obviously they had to make sacrifices somewhere to come up with a workable design.

'It will be interesting to know if any tree surgeons take it up, to answer other questions the powersharp chain performs like a guarded 91 chain roughly 10% slower than our 91VX. The interesting point is take a non guarded standard chain and after 15 min cutting will be slower [worse still in dirty gritty wood] the powersharp remains at its best as you can sharpen in less than 5 seconds and be back to work, even up a tree.'

i dont really buy into that. chains dont blunt cutting wood....and even if it just lost its edge id warrant it still would perform better that the powersharp at its best. of course this is just speculation on my part(not having used it), still....great idea for the home user