Looking for a Tractor Forwarder

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How much are you looking to spend.

I spent 3 months trying to find what your looking for. Ended up with a good deal on an ex demo Kesla trailer and crane from Caladonian forestry and a forward control MB Trac 1000 but still waiting for Alex at A C Price to put forestry guards on it. At the time what was on the market seemed very expensive or fit for the scrap yard.

Sorry, should have made my post a bit clearer... yep, that's exactly what I'm after, crane on the trailer.

the trailer is easy enough, just go and see Jim watt at calidonian Forestery services and buy one off him, almost local to you mate and they have an excellent reputation, get a winch aswell while you are at it then its a matter of finding a nice little valmet, have you tried the dealer outside Forres? :001_smile: but i would be under no illusion, you will need to spend at least £30k and that is for second hand stuff.

Matt,

I had the same problem as your having when I was looking for tractor with front loader and timber trailer with crane, at the end of last year. Spent so much time trying to get everything to come together. Ended up getting refurbished Botex trailer and crane from JP Willson and half mile up the road from them is T Anderson & Son 015566 610282 where I got tractor. I dealt with the son Graham.

They were main Valmet dealers but are now only second hand dealers specializing in Valmet. Had loads different sizes and price when I bought mines and he picked up the trailer from Willsons and deliver it free with the tractor.:thumbup1: Absolutely great service and definitely recommend them.

Image0045.jpg.76b11ec6b8285e2b7470f2f560f1555c.jpg

Thanks for the replies guys..

I'm under no illusions at all... we're looking at a budget of around 35-40k for the entire set up.. have had a couple of quotations from a couple of dealers for tractors and trailers with cranes but I just can't justify the money they're looking for.

We have a contract on the go at the moment to cut/extract around 2500-3000t of hardwood thinnings so it's time to take the plunge and get a machine sorted..

That's a nice looking set up Robert.... is she for sale?? :biggrin:

sounds like you have it all sorted then matt, go and see Jim watt, i am going on Monday if you want me to have a nosey around his yard and ask for costs

I've already got Jim on the case Stevie... as far as I'm aware he is on holiday until Tuesday..

If you are heading over anyway, a wee nosey would be appreciated.

I think Jim can sort us a trailer no bother, it's just finding the right tractor and getting guarding/belly plates fitted etc.

Last time I spoke to him he was going on the hunt for a good unit for me... will see what he comes up with when he gets back from his travels!!