Stein Lid Problem

RPA

Been using one of the Stein lids (Kask) for the last few months with the dark visor on it.

Normally just been giving the visor a wash/clean on the lid but after not being able to see too much the other day I decided to give it a spring clean. That was the theory until I found I couldny get it off :001_rolleyes:

The finger nut on the outside is just spinning the internal fitting round on both sides. Stuck some penetrating oil on it so will see if that helps.

Anyone else come accross the same problem? Love the helmet but dont want to buy a new one whenever the visor needs sorting.

you can buy a mesh visor which will fit on, if you have stihl/peltor ear defenders then you can buy a stihl visor and it fits straight on, but it replaces the solid visor, i found that if the lid got soem dirt on the peak and the visor was always being opened and closed, the visor would get all scratched. So i bought a mesh one. saved lots of hassle.

ive got a stein and found you cant have the mesh and smoked visor on together cos the bolts are to thick and the mesh has a bit of plastic that a spring sits on and gets in the way, so i bort a couple of bolts that fit and ground down the heads so they both fit on:thumbup:

LGIM0108.jpg.8561a4ba9ec6c271990467642b54ebab.jpg

LGIM0107.jpg.cde0ed102bcef96db9c2d7dc9b7ee74d.jpg

ive got a stein and found you cant have the mesh and smoked visor on together cos the bolts are to thick and the mesh has a bit of plastic that a spring sits on and gets in the way, so i bort a couple of bolts that fit and ground down the heads so they both fit on:thumbup:

isn't that a bit like wearing a belt and braces?

For you guys that like to use both mesh and visor if you go for the Sordin set up on the helmet, you can also put on the visor without having to cut/grind anything off.:001_smile:

i tryed explaining that to jo on the phone when i ordered mine, but i dont think she realized wot i ment, but am still pleased with it, super light, its great:thumbup:

Bless I'll have to let her know next time she's in, She hasn't worked for us for a couple of years and came back to help out when it went a bit mental. I didn't have chance to go through all the new stuff with her. :001_smile:

Bless I'll have to let her know next time she's in, She hasn't worked for us for a couple of years and came back to help out when it went a bit mental. I didn't have chance to go through all the new stuff with her. :001_smile:

am not knocking her mate, she's spot on with all my other orders, very welcoming attitude, polite and witty over the phone, makes a change from the normal dribble you get from other companies ( wont mention who :glare: )