but if you don,t use them there not a bad helmet tbh

I just find the ones with a polystyrene liner STINK after a while

or is that just me:blushing:

Only real problem is attaching earmuffs

Turn the heating down behind your desk Bob :001_tongue:

i have one, but only use for comps. as before u cant attach ear muffs. and as these helements are designed for rock climbers. they are designed for impact on the top only and not on the sides.

so ur not suppose to use for work! best alternative is the (petzl best) which is made for side impact aswell. hope that helps.

Only real problem is attaching earmuffs

Ya know, I've been wearing mine daily for a while. and, as a rock climber, I've had it for about a year and a half. it's a great helmet that I'd trust for top impact hits. Side impact, like with the stein helmets in the US, is a bit of a problem (the material folds in pretty far). I'd be happier with the Petzl Vertex Vent. It's heavier, but it has a suspension system that (I think) is more common in spelunking.

I love lightweight helmets, but the side-impact resistance is a quality that is very lacking in stylish pink fairy helmets like mine (which is actually charcoal colour)

I had a coworker who wore the Vertex. his stunk like nothing else. I refused to wear it if needed. in fact everything he wore stunk after an hour of wear. My helmet on the other hand is fine. smells like moderate sweat/use. no stink. 6 months of use.

Edited by xdarkknight
forgot content

i have one, but only use for comps. as before u cant attach ear muffs. and as these helements are designed for rock climbers. they are designed for impact on the top only and not on the sides.

so ur not suppose to use for work! best alternative is the (petzl best) which is made for side impact aswell. hope that helps.

hi mog think you might have that the wrong way round. the petzl Best is for ground work EN397 Top impact where as Rock climbing helmets are EN12492 As thats the standard for every Rockclimbing helmet .Hope this helps:001_cool:

hi mog think you might have that the wrong way round. the petzl Best is for ground work EN397 Top impact where as Rock climbing helmets are EN12492 As thats the standard for every Rockclimbing helmet .Hope this helps:001_cool:

ah true, yeah i meant the vertex dunno who i came up with best must got em mix up. all gd swedish Dave.