Where do you see arb heading in the next decade?

Andy Collins

Well your all going to think this is negative but I heard the same thing 15 years ago when people already in the game before me said the same thing about the environment and how arb would play a big part and now is the time to get involved.

I think in the current economic climate it will take a back seat again.

Green issues always do in a hard economic climate, which re-iterates some earlier points being made.....

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well your all going to think this is negative but I heard the same thing 15 years ago when people already in the game before me said the same thing about the environment and how arb would play a big part and now is the time to get involved.

I think in the current economic climate it will take a back seat again.

you are welcome to your opinion, but you only have to look at the response in here, and arbtalk in general to the opening of eyes to a wonderful thing that is embracing nature and working with it, instead of against it, even a small simple gesture.

Imagine if we carved a bird or bat box during our breaks and installed these to every tree we worked?

Bizarrely enough the Michal Moore film 'Capitalism:A love story' is on as we speak.........95% of the total U.S. wealth is owned by 1% of american citizens........eg rockerfellers etc- the causers of world recession in order to increase their wealth whatever the cost to those at the lower end of the scale (including nature in that ) AKA the illuminati as referenced in other threads.....

i don't know much about the side of things you guys are discussing although i wish to learn

however don't you think a bigger part of what arb will be like in 10 years will be health and safty in 10 years do you think you'll be aloud to climb or will it all be mechanized it wouldn't suprise me if a whole gangs work could be done by 2 blokes and a machine

what hse will alow you to do will have a far greater efect than what is needed and tree work will shrink as it costs more and more to do simple jobs

this is just my opinion as the next generation of arb after seeing what construction is like by comparison and how little regulation arb has by comparison

We can blame others all we like, but the problems are all based at our individual feet, we buy without thinking, we throw away without concence, we choose to buy into the designer world of gizmos and flashy ipods plasma screens and fast cars, we aspire to the "the beuatifull people" and subscribe to the agenda.

Untill we re awaken the connection to nature that we have become so diassociated from joe will not see the harm he wreaks upon the earth.

I think that is a fair point Tony, but possibly a little off the mark in the case of a large proportion of the unthinking head in the sand brigade. I think that for alot of people who live in the world of tv dinners and endless soap operas, they have no realisation, or oportunity to get that realisation, that keeping up with the lates fads is what life is all about....

I'm the boss of the BBC

I'm the monkey at the top of the media tree

Your version of the riots in Cape Town

Comes second-hand from me

Chewing and spewing this revolution

For popular TV

All your opinions are carefully chosen

By what we'll let you see

Televised crap dressed up as fact

Your soap reality

We only want a chance to show the Editor's side

Of struggle in the news

Closer and closer to the State's eye view

And further from the truth

Push a microphone to the mouth of this youth

Bewildered and confused

Misreported, distorted, misquoted

A ready-made victim to be used

Quote you on things that you never said

Put this pencil to your head

Kill your revolution dead

TV tells us what to be and what to say and what to do

How to act and how to lie but never question why

Fighting to stop this mass-deception

Fighting to scrap the pass-laws

Fighting to end misuse of land

Fighting to close down diamond mines

Fighting to feed their hungry mouths

Fighting to change the world

And here, we sit on a fence

Built by distance and enforced by lies

Is a full stomach all it takes

To keep us pacified

The stuff we are fed by the in-house drive-by of media has helped to give the masses a distorted view on what really matters for the greater good, and even to ignore the greater good, on whatever level.....